Bistri is free video calling solution. Fully Open, no need to register to call a Bister.
Bistri runs in your browser, no need to install additional software or plugin.
The Bistri Video Call Button Widget allows you to add a “call me on Bistri” button on your blog.
A presence indicator integrated to the button let your visitors know about your availability for a call.
A few options give you the possibility to customize the button appearance (size, label, presence, …)
- Unzip and put the plugin folder into [wordpress_dir]/wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to “Appearance” > “Widgets” then add the widget to a side bar
- Expand the options panel of the widget then click on “Get key” to retreive a widget key. Note: If your are not connected to Bistri, an OAuth popup will ask you to enter your Bistri account credentials
- Click on “Save” to register the widget settings
- Do i need a Bistri account to use the button widget
Yes, the button is linked to your Bistri account. If you don’t have an account already, you can create one by visiting http://bistri.com
- Why the button presence indicator says that I’m online (green light) even if I set my status to away/busy
For the time being the button can only show if you are online or offline because of technical restrictions. We will improve that as soon as possible
Contributors & Developers
“Bistri Video Call Button” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First release
- Bug fixing
- Add new option: now you can choose if a click on the button start a regular video call or a video conference
- Fix minor bug