Best-Of Comments allows anyone with the ability to edit comments to mark a comment as “featured” and then featured comments will be randomly selected and displayed anywhere you choose to place the php call to best_of_comments().
You can select how comments are displayed, how many to display, and how much of a comment to display (if comments are longer than the specified word length they contain a link back to the original comment). In the future you will have the ability to limit how far in the past to look for featured comments.
To install it simply unzip the file linked above and save it in your plugins directory under wp-content. In the plugin manager activate the plugin. Settings for the plugin may be altered under the Best-Of Comments page of the Settings menu.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Best-Of Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Discovered a function call that allowed other plugins that alter the content to possibly interfere with the display of featured comments.
- Removed an unnecessary variable reference and made the labels function as buttons when selecting comments to feature.
- Added the ability to set a variable limiting the display to only include selected comments from the last X days (as promised in version 0.9)
- Fixed a potential conflict in the name of a global variable.
- The basic functionality of being able to identify the best comments and display them is in place – version 1.0 will include an option to only display the “Best-Of” comments from the last X number of days where X is a number of your choosing.