Give users an automated score based on the posts they make.
- Do what you always do when you install a plugin.
- Either configure the plugin in it’s admin panel (most people should do this) or edit the plugin file (advanced users).
- How is post score calculated?
TL;DR Each post is scored based on where and how long it is.
First, we define a few constants, which can be changed in the admin page or in the code:
DEFAULT_SCORE = 0.1 MODIFIER_FIRST = 0.1 MODIFIER_WORD = 0.02 MODIFIER_CHAR = 0.0005
… and a few variables, which are computed immediately before the post’s score is calculated:
CHARS = [the number of alphanumeric characters in the post, not counting markup] WORDS = [the number of whitespace-separated strings of characters, not counting markup] FIRST = [1 if the post is the first in a topic, 0 otherwise] MODIFIER_FORUM = [the forum-specific multiplier, or 1 if it is not set]
… then we solve this equation:
SCORE = (DEFAULT_SCORE + MODIFIER_FIRST * FIRST + MODIFIER_CHAR * ln(CHARS)^2 + MODIFIER_WORD * ln(WORDS)^2) * MODIFIER_FORUM
- How can I convert from Post Count Plus to AutoRank?
- Set base score to 1.
- Set all bonuses to 0.
- Set the “Score:” text to “Posts:”.
- Use the convert link from the top of the page to convert your Post Count Plus ranks.
Contributors & Developers
“bbP AutoRank” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Ranks can now be displayed before names instead of below names. Props Adam.
- AutoRank is now available for the bbPress WordPress Plugin.
- You can now specify ranks that are achieved at specific scores.
- Post Count Plus importer
- Initial release