Ever wanted to display some plugin’s informations on your website ? But you didn’t want to hard code it. PAPII is designed for this. Just use the [papii] shortcode to display informations from the official page.
- Extract the plugin folder from the downloaded ZIP file.
- Upload BAW Papii folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the “Plugins” page in your Dashboard.
- Go to settings !
How to use it ?
Use this shortcode [papii] with this properties: plugin, info, cache. Example : [papii plugin=”baw-autoshortener” info=”version” cache=”48″] This code will show the version for baw-autoshortener plugin and store this data 48h.
I need to retrieve all informations, what are they ?
You have : name, slug, version, author, author_profile, contributors, requires, tested, rating, num_ratings, downloaded, last_updated, added, homepage, description, installation, screenshots, changelog, faq, short_description, description, download_link, tags Compatibility property is not included.
Ok, so i need a full example
Use it first in your post like this: [papii plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] Then you can add this for example : Download the version [papii info=”version” plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] for plugin [papii info=”name” plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] (downloaded [papii info=”downloaded” plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] times), here: [papii info=”download_link” plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] This is a good way to implement this in a theme with do_shortcode 😉
How can i get plugins from a WP.org profile ?
Use the same shortcode like this: [papii profile=”juliobox” info=”homemade”/] you can even add in the shortcode content more shortcodes, see the plugin URI for some advanced examples.
I’m developper, what can i do more?
You can ask in a theme/plugin for “tags_raw”, “contributors_raw” or “sections” and format it like you want.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“PAPII – Plugin API Infos” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “PAPII – Plugin API Infos” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- 09 jun 2014
- Change the way to retreive informations, more WP style
- Add the possibility to get plugins from a WP.org profile, homemade plugins or favorite ones, see FAQ
- 10 may 2013
- Fix a bug when you try to get informations from a non existent plugin
- 02 may 2013
- Filter added to shortcut the repository call, filter named “papii-“.$plugin ($plugin comming from the “plugin” shortcode’s prop)
- 23 apr 2013
- Little bug fix, sorry
- 23 apr 2013
- Better code again, avoid warning on cast or not serialized data
- Can return “sections” as serialized data
- 23 apr 2013
- Stop using XML and parsing, go .php !
- Better and shorter code again
- 22 apr 2013
- Remove the baw-papii_settings shortcode, useless
- Remove the “sep” value
- Added a “papii” shortcode, same as “baw_papii”
- Cache improved, one call per plugin, not per information, my bad!
- Added a function from my friend Greg to parse and cache full XML, thanks!
- 26 aug 2011
- First Release