With this plugin you can now add a real log in/logout item menu with autoswitch when user is logged in or not.
Nonce token is present on logout item.
2 titles, one for ‘log in’ and one for ‘logout’ can be set up.
Also, you can set the redirecion page you want, just awesome.
- Upload the “baw-login-logout-menu” folder into the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- You can now add real log in and logout links in your Navigation Menus
- See FAQ for usage
- How does this works?
Visit your navigation admin menu page, you got a new box including 3 links, ‘log in’, ‘logout’, ‘log in/logout’.
Add the link you want, for example “Log in|Logout”
1. You can change the 2 titles links, just separate them with a | (pipe)
1. You can add a page for redirection, example #bawloginout#index.php This will redirect users on site index.
1. You can add 2 pages for redirection, example #bawloginout#login.php|logout.php This will redirect users too.
1. For this redirection you can use the special value %actualpage%, this will redirect the user on the actual page.
You can also add 3 shortcodes inyour theme template or in your pages/posts. just do this :
For theme :
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[loginout]' ); ?>
In you posts/pages :
The 3 shortcodes are “[login]”, “[logout]” and “[loginout]”.
You can set 2 parameters, named “redirect” and “edit_tag”.
Redirect: used to redirect the user after the action (log in or out) ; example : “/welcome/” or “index.php”
Edit_tag: used to modify the tag, ; example ” class=’myclass'” or ” id=’myid’ class=’myclass’ rel=’friend'” etc
You can also modify the title link with [login]Clic here to connect[/login] for example
There is a new hook (1.3.3) named ‘bawregister_item”, this is a menu item, when a user is not logged in, it contains the register button/link, and when the user is logged in, since the link will diseppear, you can hook it and change the ttle and URL, so it won’t go away.
Still kicking hard on WordPress Version 4.7.3.
This plugin has solved my small problem and seems to work just fine (even the fact that it has not been updated for a long time).
Many thanks !
Works as expected.
I am using this in conjunction with Theme My Login to create a seamless login/logout/register system. Works like a treat, and it was really easy to incorporate it into my theme template files 🙂
Thanks a lot!
Very usefull plugin!!!
Thank you very much for this great plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Login Logout Menu” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- 31 july 2015
- New hook, see FAQ
- Code compliant
- 09 nov 2012
- Fix the famous NULL ITEM bug! Thanks for your patience 🙂
- File splitting
- Fix a graphic bug on the menu spinner
- 29 jun 2012
- You can now add 2 pages for the #bawloginout# choice, check the FAQ
- 13 mar 2012
- 3 shortcodes added, see FAQ
- 08 mar 2012
- First release