This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Extract and upload the `basic-google-authorship` directory into `/wp-content/plugins`
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Each writer should update the “Contributor to” field in their Google+ profile to link to the website
- Update each author’s profile to include a link to their Google+ profile.
- In your WordPress theme replace "get_the_author()" by "do_shortcode("[basic_google_authorship_name]")" and "get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' ) )" by "do_shortcode("[basic_google_authorship_link]")"
- Confirm that your authorship is working properly by verifying with Google’s Rich Snippets tool.