The “BadgeOS LearnDash Add-on” allows learners to earn achievements and badges from virtually every course, lesson and quiz activity available in the LearnDash learning management system. When activated, BadgeOS admins will see a new “LearnDash Activity” menu in their “Required Steps” manager when editing or creating any achievement or badge.
Note: You will need to install the free BadgeOS plugin™ (version 1.2 or higher) to use the BadgeOS LearnDash Add-on. You will also need the LearnDash plugin v1.4 or higher installed, available from LearnDash.com.
BadgeOS™ turns your WordPress site into an achievement and badging system. And with LearnDash enabled on your site, badges are not only awarded by activities such as making submissions, earning points, completing required achievements, and making site and community contributions, but also by completing LearnDash courses, lessons, courses and quizzes. Define the achievements, organize the badge requirements any way you like, and choose from and combine a range of BadgeOS and LearnDash activity options to determine whether each task or requirement has been achieved.
Earned badges are Open Badge compatible and sharable via Credly, the free web service for displaying, storing and managing lifelong achievement.
New ways to define achievements and give badges for LearnDash activity
In addition to all of the out-of-the-box features in BadgeOS core, the BadgeOS LearnDash Add-on allows you to award achievements and badges based on these additional triggers:
- Complete a specific Course
- Complete any Course
- Complete a course from a specific Tag
- Complete a specific Lesson
- Complete any Lesson
- Pass a specific Quiz
- Pass any Quiz
- Achieve a minimum percent grade on a specific Quiz
- Achieve a minimum percent grade on any Quiz
- Fail a Quiz (i.e. useful for rewarding the passing of a previously failed quiz)
Combine LearnDash Steps with BadgeOS Steps in Defining Achievements
- Simple interface for defining the “Required Steps” for any badge or achievement seamlessly integrates LearnDash actions
- Easily define achievements that rely on both BadgeOS required steps and LearnDash actions
- Easily link together one or more triggers, steps or actions into the conditions needed to earn any badge or mark an achievement.
LearnDash Badges are Lifelong Achievements with Credly Integration
- As badges are earned on WordPress using BadgeOS and LearnDash, they can be automatically sent to Credly for lifelong storage, management, and sharing on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Mozilla Backpack, the earner’s own web site, blog, or Credly profile.
- Badges you create in BadgeOS automatically appear and update on Credly, the home for storing and managing lifelong achievements.
- As with the BadgeOS core plugin, LearnDash badges are Mozilla Open Badge (OBI) compatible through integration of the “Open Credit” API by Credly, the free web service for issuing, earning and sharing badges.
- Use the Credly iOS app to issue LearnDash badges you created on your WordPress/BadgeOS/LearnDash site.
**Display Badges on User Profiles with Free Community Add-on **
- Activate the free “BadgeOS Community Add-On” and “BuddyPress” plugins to add a range of user community functions, including the ability to display earned badges and achievements on user profiles for others to see.
Extensibility and Additional BadgeOS Add-ons
- BadgeOS is designed to be a true operating system for turning any WordPress site into an engagement management application.
- Built with expandability in mind to allow virtually anything to trigger and recognize achievement.
- BadgeOS plans to continue to release a range of Add-Ons to the plugin — like the BadgeOS LearnDash Add-on — that enhance core functionality with specialized functions.
- Check out some of the BadgeOS customizations we’ve already implemented to get a sense for what you might expect.
Stay Connected / Helpful Links
BadgeOS is made available by LearningTimes, LLC. Here are some ways to stay connected and to see what else we are up to:
- BadgeOS.org – Contact Us, Video Tutorials, Examples, News
- LearningTimes – Bringing people together through engaging online conferences, events and activities.
- Facebook – LearningTimes on Facebook
- Twitter – LearningTimes Tweets
- E-Mailing List – Occasional updates via e-mail
- GitHub – Report issues, contribute code
- Any ideas for making badge images?
Yes! You can start at Credly.com and use the badge builder there to create beautiful looking badges.
- Can you help us design custom badge images?
Yes, our designers are available to create custom badges that represent your brand, the kind of achievements you recognize, and the audience you are reaching. From a single badge to a complete constellation, our team of professional badge designers get to know your needs through a tested Badge Design Process which consistently produces successful and delightful results.
See examples and learn more at: http://badgeos.org/services/badge-design/
- Do you offer services to help us design, build or customize our BadgeOS site?
Yes, we do. We especially enjoy working on innovative projects with forward-thinking teams extending achievement recognition into new environments and surfacing achievement in new ways. See examples and learn more at: http://badgeos.org/services/badgeos-customization/.
- Where should I report issues or bugs?
The ideal place for bug and issue reporting is on the GitHub site for the BadgeOS project.
- Where should I contribute code back to the project?
Thanks for asking! Please do share back code modifications or enhancements you make for inclusion in BadgeOS core or as add-ons. (Functions that are specialized for just some users are likely best as add-on plugins to BadgeOS. We can help figure that out with you.) Visit us on GitHub to share your code with the BadgeOS LearnDash.
- Fixed: Issues changing the amount of times a step must be completed for non-LearnDash activities.
- Fixed: Issues with LearnDash steps UI not hiding when switching to non-LearnDash based step type.
- Fixed: Step count field not re-enabling when switching to non-LearnDash based step type.
- BadgeOS LearnDash Add-on says “hello learndash”, earns “Hello LearnDash” badge.