Adds a new comment validation method in the “Before a comment appears” Discussion subsection panel.
- Avoided comment automattic approvals
- Adds a new highlighted option to “Before a comment appears” Discussion section subpanel
- Verification email sending every time a not registered user posts a comment
- Link checkback required to publish the comment and it wasn’t flagged as spam
- Included WP nonces security to verification email link
How it works?
- Not registered user posts a comment
- Not registered user receives an email with a validation link
- Not registered user follows validation link
- Comment is published
- Integrate deeper with other validation methods
- Add mail customization options UI (headers, content-type, attachments, html…)
- Pretty permalinks URL integration (…permalink/nonce/cid)
- Activate option in Settings > Discussion > Before a comment appears and save changes.
- Can I use this “Before a comment appears” validation method along with the others?
Integration with other validation methods is not developed yet. Next release? 🙂
- How can I change the mail texts?
Actually there are 2 options:
- Edit or create the xx_XX.po file for your WP active language and generate a xx_XX.mo.
- Also you can use WPML plugin to translate all your plugins like themes. But remember to delete the languages folder. 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“Awebsome! Comment Author Mail Validation” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Token generation revamped to fit WP API nonces functions
- Fixed validation link generation to support non-active permalinks structure
- Improved pre_comment_approved hook callback function (kudos xaviersarrate)
- Some readme.txt improvements
- Solved SVN newbie problems ;P
- Validation interception revamped
- Some functions advanced improvements
- Avoided functions WP already handles in API
- Fixed deactivation/uninstall options cleanup
- Added NONCE_KEY to token generator and validator as a random seed for security (kudos xaviersarrate)
- phpDoc improvements to functions
- Changed readme.txt descriptions
- POT regeneration
- Deleted en_EN translation (main pot lang)
- First plugin SVN update 🙂
- Internationalization problems solved
- First commiting to the wp-plugins SVN 🙂
- Internationalization + POT Generation
- Added es_ES translation
- Added es_CA translation
- Added en_EN translation
- Avoid mail validation for registered users
- Added nice PHPDOC compatible documentation
- Added CSS to highlight CAMV fields
- General code clean up
- Born with basic functionality and w/o documentation!