Ever blogged about something you read online? Shared a webpage? Or linked to another webpage?
Now automatically embed/quote a part of any web-page (and your comments) within your own page without ever leaving the page you are on – nothing to “join”, no cost, NO FINE PRINT 🙂
To Try it:
- On this page itself, or on any other webpage type roohit.com/ before the URL address (e.g. http://roohit.com/google.com) and your mouse cursor instantly changes into a highlighter pen. We recommend you get a button so you don’t have to type each time.
- Select any text, it gets highlighted in color. (Once you’ved added this widget), the colored highlights get automatically posted to your site, as a hyperlink for your site visitors to see the same page as you: still highlighted. (Yes, it works instantly for everyone! 🙂
- Optionally mouse over the highlight to make Comments, add Tags, keep it Private etc…
- Anyone can share their highlights to any social network such as Facebook, Twtter, MySpace, delicious, digg etc. from right here (try it!)
- Go to your website (even from a different computer!), you’ll see the text you just highlighted on your web-page (once you’ved added this widget)
- If you made any comments they’ll appear there too!
It is actually VERY COOL
- Super simplifies blogging for you
- Blog/Share/Collect without leaving the page you are on
- Facilitates sharing for everyone
- Fully Personalizable
- No downloads required
- No registration required
- Fast, Free, Easy
- No hassles.
Use viral marketing and social media to increase the traffic to our blog: add a highlighter button for your site visitors.
Tweet Highlights directly to Twitter
- Put a Tweet Highlights button on your site:
- anyone can highlight any part of the web page and automatically post their highlights to Twitter
- automatically adds a Tiny URL back to yor site, that remembers the highlights
- drives a lot more traffic back to your site.
(Related WordPress widget)
- Put a highlighter button on your site:
- anyone can highlight your website instantly, (automatically generates a MicroBookmark to your site),
- share it with their Social Networks: driving more traffic to your site.
- We automatically post a link to your site on ALL SOCIAL NETWORKS (The more highlights on your page, the more your site gets promoted to Social Media)
Very Viral, cuts through information overload.
MAKE SURE to drag this widget onto the sidebar after Activating it. (from ‘Appearance->Widgets‘ in your WordPress admin area. See screenshot)
- Upload the
autopublishfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory and Activate the plugin
- Make SURE to visit the
Settingspage and personlize the widget to match the look and feel of your website.
- Login to save your settings (using your existing Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo/MSN etc.)
Answer [5 Quick Questions] (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HF9QRKZ) about this plug-in.
Please tell us how much simpler it has made blogging for you!
To make fresh highlights
- Why don’t I see the widget on my blog?
Make sure to go to ‘Appearance->Widgets‘ in your WordPress admin area and Drag the ‘My Highlights‘ widget to your Sidebar. See screenshot
- Difficult? A 5 year-old can personlize it
- What all can I personalize
Colors, Size, Title, AutoPlay, Speed, Number of items to display, Seperator properties, etc.
- Widget getting cut-off?
Go to the
Settingspage for your
AutoPublish My Highlightand click on
- Highlights appear in “Everyone” tab, but not in “My Highlights” tab?
Make SURE to Login, then Publish/Embed the widget by clicking here. You can do both steps on the same page.
- What platforms are supported other than WordPress?
You can add the My Highlights widget to any webpage: on your Profile Page on Social Networks such as Facebook, MySpace, Hi5, Xanga, Tagged, Bebo, BlackPlanet, and many more!
MicroBookmark: a short url (e.g. http:/rooh.it/warSux) that scrolls directly to your highlights on the page.
MicroShare: the ability to share just a small highlighted snippet of a page. This could be as
– just highlights, with a MicroBookmark to the actual page so as to maintain the context and credibitlity, or
– the entire page with embedded highlights (in email, or webpage), or maybe
– just a MicroBookmark.
MicroSave: the ability to automatically save interesting parts of the Internet: Highlight as you surf!
MicroBlog: aka the “My Highlights” widget – allows users to automatically blog about the interesting things they see on the Internet without having to interrupt their surfing, without having to leave the page they were on – ofcourse fast & free too!
You can add it to pretty much any blogging platform or CMS or any website, anywhere!
Contributors & Developers
“Automatically publish highlights of any website, directly to your Blog” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Took out the option asking user to ‘Save Page’ when changing height/width
- Added non-Flash widget
- ALL USERS MUST UPDATE TO THIS RELEASE
- Lots of changes to help users automatically configure the widget from within WordPress.
- Generates warnings (with hyperlinks to appropriate pages) for simplified setup.
- Corrected default value of widget size to match
- Better handling for other WP themes
- Added warnings to help users with configuration/activation
- Added extra 10px to width for better display
- Better tracking data for Blog Owners
- Added a screenshot to show the drag-and-drop to display the plugin
- Updated the installation instructions to make it easier for users to add
- Fixed a MAJOR bug that was causing some users to not see their own widget correctly.
- Improved data analytics
- Added title for section
- Added comment signature
- Widget is very stable.
- Initial version of the WordPress plugin.
- Never publicly released.