For the fastest and most efficient post tagging – whether single post or sitewide!
Retrieves, combines and ranks related tag suggestions from four different tagging
services at once, giving you a clickable list to choose from as well as a tag editing
box on your post writing page.
Uses TagTheNet, Alchemy, Yahoo Term Extraction and Zemanta APIs for your post content
to retrieve the most relevent tags and then puts them all together using a simple
Similar to Simple Tagging click box which accesses each of these services separately,
but providing much faster and more integrated list, making tagging your posts almost
Includes sitewide post tag list with a mass tag suggestion feature, enabling you to scan
for tag suggestions for all your posts with the click of a button and edit them all from
the one page.
- Upload ‘autotagsuggest.php’ and ‘pbptagger.php’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/autotagsuggest/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Use the Pingchecker box on your post writing screen.
- What do I do if the page ‘freezes’ while retrieving tags?
Auto Tag Suggest retrieves data ‘on-the-fly’ so this can sometimes happen when
services don’t respond the way they should. If this happens you can:
First, try to refresh the page. This should fix it 90% of the time.
Second, clear your cookies for your site and access the page again.
Third, if it really comes to it, close your browser and reload the page.
Contributors & Developers
“Auto Tag Suggest” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Changed to one-click loading instead of autoloading on post page.
- Fixed some other minor bugs
- Auto Tag Suggest Plugin released. WOOHOO!