Automatically hyperlink text URLs and email addresses originally written only as plaintext.
This release revives active development of the plugin after many years and includes many, many changes. Backwards compatilibility has been maintained; it just handles things better and introduces a number of new features. Some notable changes:
* Introduced setting and filter to support for preventing specified domains from getting auto-linked.
* Introduced filter to support custom handlers to determine if and when text links should get auto-linked.
* Improved text link detection and handling.
* Links within
<style> tags are no longer hyperlinked.
* Improved support for language packs.
* Fixed some minor bugs.
* Added a boatload of unit tests to ensure the plugin functions as intended.
* Changed to not open links in a new window by default.
* Changed to no longer output the 'title' attribute.
* New: Introduce setting to allow specifying domains that should not be automatically hyperlinked.
* New: Add filter 'autohyperlink_urls_exclude_domains' for specifying domains to exclude domains from hyperlinking.
* New: Add filter 'autohyperlink_urls_custom_exclusions' to support custom logic to determine if a link should be hyperlinked.
* Hardening: Sanitize return value of
get_tlds() to ensure safe usage in regex.
* Change: Hyperlink links immediately preceeded by a comma, colon, semicolon, exclamation point, question mark, single quote, or double quotes.
* Change: Refactor
get_link_attributes() to assemble attributes as an array.
* Bugfix: Prevent linking URLs and email addresses used within
* Bugfix: Properly unregister the 'make_clickable' hooking of 'comment_text'.
* New: Add help text to 'Auto-hyperlink comments?' settings checkbox to note that
make_clickable() still runs if the checkbox is unchecked.
* Change: Remove
esc_attr() call from return statement of
get_class() (it gets escaped in
* Change: Add
$context arg to
get_link_attributes() to handle either 'url' (default) or 'email' contexts.
* Change: Add
$context arg to 'autohyperlink_urls_link_attributes' filter.
* Change: Add
$title arg to 'autohyperlink_urls_link_attributes' filter.
* Bugfix: If detected link ends in a question mark, don't treat it as part of the link.
* Bugfix: Preserve original leading and trailing spaces in text throughout processing.
* Change: Update plugin framework to 041 (too many changes to list).
* Change: Remove support for 'autohyperlink_urls' global.
* New: Add
reset_options() to override parent so it also unsets instance variable.
* Change: Better singleton implementation:
get_instance() static method for returning/creating singleton instance.
* Make static variable 'instance' private.
* Make constructor protected.
* Make class final.
* Additional related changes in plugin framework (protected constructor, erroring
* Change: Add support for language packs:
* Set textdomain using a string instead of a variable.
* Remove .pot file and /lang subdirectory.
* New: Implement true unit tests, migrating the existing makeshift tests and adding many more.
* New: Adapt (with minimal changes) the entire unit test suite for core's
* New: Add checks to prevent execution of code if file is directly accessed.
* Bugfix: Explicitly declare
* Bugfix: Add parent-defined arg to overridden
options_page_description() to avoid PHP warnings.
* Change: Re-license as GPLv2 or later (from X11).
* Change: Reformat plugin header.
* New: Add 'License' and 'License URI' header tags to readme.txt and plugin file.
* Change: Use explicit path for require_once().
* Deprecate: Discontinue use of PHP4-style constructor.
* Deprecate: Discontinue use of explicit pass-by-reference for objects.
* Change: Remove ending PHP close tag.
* Change: Minor documentation improvements.
* Change: Minor inline documentation reformatting.
* Change: Minor code reformatting (spacing, bracing).
* Change: Use https for links to wordpress.org.
* New: Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
* Change: Tweak installation instructions in readme.txt
* New: Create empty index.php to prevent files from being listed if web server has enabled directory listings.
* Change: Note compatibility through WP 4.5+.
* Change: Remove support for versions of WordPress older than 4.1.
* Change: Update copyright date (2016).
* Change: Update donate link.
* Change: Update screenshot.
* New: Add assets directory to plugin repository checkout.
* Change: Move screenshot into repo's assets directory.
* Add banner image.
* Add icon image.
Requires: 4.1 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.5.7
Last Updated: 12 months ago
Active Installs: 9,000+
0 of 1 support threads in the last two months have been marked resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?