The most accurate Australian weather widgets, with data provided by the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM). Willyweather weather widgets come in many different shapes and sizes, you can choose your own colours, and select from multiple weather types such as Weather, Wind, Rain, Swell, Tides, UV, Sun and Moon.
- Accurate Australian data provided by the BoM.
- Beautiful retina graphics with stylish animations.
- Powered by the same WillyWeather API that was built for the award winning WillyWeather iPhone app.
- Choose from a wide selection of widget shapes and sizes:
- Full Page
- Thin bar
- High bar
- Choose your own colours to suit your website.
- Adjust the width of any of the widgets to suit your website.
- Scrollable wind and swell graphs (sidebar and full page).
- Add any of the weather types below to a sidebar or full page widget, selected via tabs.
- Change tab ordering via drag and drop (the first weather type in the list will be the default).
- Choose a fixed location or add a search facility.
- Choose from a database of over 17,000 Australian locations.
- Update the widget at any time.
- Extract the files to your plugin directory (usually
- Activate the Plugin and configure it in Appearance > Widgets
So sad to see a great plug-in no longer have support. Out of all the weather plug-ins I have looked at this is the most versatile.
However I would like to point out one error if you’re inclined for a quick fix: Your links to Radar, Satellite and Synoptic are broken (404).
The only thing stopping me from using it on my website is there are no short codes which really limits me.
Contributors & Developers
“Australian Weather Widget – WillyWeather” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Bug fixes.
- Location search now returns up to 25 results.
- Full page widget width increased to 1000px.
- Initial release.