This plugin provides a collection of useful shortcodes (including a responsive slider) and widgets compatible with the Aspen Theme. These shortcodes have been selected and developed based on requests and feedback from thousands of users of the Weaver II and Aspen themes.
Includes complete documentation help file.
- [aspen_slider] – This may be the hidden gem in this plugin. The slider is based on the jQuery bxSlider library.
It is a fully responsive slider that can display images, videos, and any HTML content in several different
configurations. All bxSlider options are supported, resulting in one of the most flexible slider plugins for
- [aspen_show_posts] – Show individual posts based on many options – category, title, and more.
- [aspen_tab_group] – Display content in a tabbed box.
- [aspen_youtube] – Show your YouTube videos responsively, and with the capability to use any of the YouTube custom display options.
- [aspen_vimeo] – Show your Vimeo videos responsively, and with the capability to use any of the Vimeo custom display options.
- [aspen_iframe] – Quick and easy display of content in an iframe.
- [div], [span], [html] – Add div, span, and other html to pages/posts without the need to switch to Text view.
- [aspen_show/hide_if_mobile] – Show or hide content on mobile devices.
- [aspen_hide/show_if_logged_in] – Hide or show content based on user being logged in or not.
- [aspen_bloginfo] – Display any information available from WordPress bloginfo function.
- [aspen_user_can] – Display content base on logged in user role.
- [aspen_site_title] – Display Site title.
- [aspen_site_desc] – Display Site tag line.
- [aspen_extra_menu] – Show extra menus
- Aspen 2 Column Text Widget – Add text into two columns in a widget
- Aspen Per Page Text Widget – Add a text widget on a per page basis
- Aspen Vertical Menu – Show vertical menus in a widget
- The Aspen Shortcodes and Widgets plugin is licensed under the terms of the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE, Version 2,
June 1991. (GPL) The full text of the license is in the license.txt file.
- All images included with this plugin are either original works of the author which
have been placed into the public domain, or have been derived from other public domain sources,
and thus need no license. (This does not include the images provided with any of the
below listed scripts and libraries. Those images are covered by their respective licenses.)
This plugin also includes several scripts and libraries that are covered under the terms
of their own licenses in the listed files in the plugin distribution:
- Yetii – Yet (E)Another Tab Interface Implementation – license in /js/yetii/yetii.js (BSD)
- plugin scripts – original to this plugin and the Aspen theme, covered by GPL
- bxSlider licensed under the WTFPL license: http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
It is easiest to use the Plugins : Add Plugin admin page, but you can do it manually, too:
- Download the plugin archive and expand it
- Upload all the plugin files and directories to your wp-content/plugins/aspen-shortcodes-and-widgets directory
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ for this plugin.
- Where can I get support for this plugin?
Support for this plugin can best be found at our forum – http://forum.weavertheme.com
Contributors & Developers
“Aspen Shortcodes and Widgets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added complete functionality of newly retired Aspen Pro plugin.
- Fixed [x_show_posts show=title]
- Updated [[aspen_slider] / bxSlider for WP 3.9
- Fixed [x_show_posts clear=1]
- minor stylistic changes to admin pages
- changed file organization to optimize loading
- Added ‘weaver_html’, ‘weaver_div’, and ‘weaver_span’ for compatibility
- Other minor tweaks
- Added show=title_featured option to show_posts shortcode
- Fixed readme.txt file
- initial release