Now you can create as many sidebars as you need for any page you want in your Artisteer v3.1 generated theme with the Artisteer Custom Sidebar Generator. Specify a sidebar using the new sidebar shortcode. The shortcode can be used in any page or post to display the sidebar of your choice with the widgets of your choice. You can also use the standard Artisteer theme sidebar template tag to place a custom sidebar wherever you want in your theme files. If you have the Templateer add-on for Artisteer then you can have even more options by replacing the primary and secondary sidebars with any other sidebar.
- Generate unlimited sidebars
- Use a shortcode to place a sidebar within any page or post
- unique CSS classes for each sidebar for customizable looks
- AJAX admin
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create a sidebar by going to Appearance>Custom Sidebars
- Assign the sidebar to a page or post with the new shortcode
- Will it work with any theme?
No. Only themes created with the Artisteer design program v3.1.0.x. Using it with any other themes will cause major galactic destruction.
- How do you generate a sidebar?
Once the plugin is active, go to Appearance>Custom Sidebars. Only your generated sidebars will display on this page, your theme’s sidebars are still active and working, they just don’t show because they are not generated by this plugin.
- What happens to the widgets assigned to a custom sidebar if I delete it?
When you delete a custom sidebar all of the widgets that are present will also be deleted. So make sure you save any special settings in the widgets before deleting the sidebar.
- How do I include the custom sidebar in my page template file?
Just include the following code in your theme file where you want the new sidebar to appear.
<?php theme_dynamic_sidebar('sidebar-name'); ?>
Doesn’t work with latest Artisteer version 4
Contributors & Developers
“Artisteer Custom Sidebar Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Clean up readme file
- Initial release
- Plugin Functional tested only on 3.3.1