Stop spam and bots with PlayThru, the fun, free CAPTCHA alternative! CAPTCHAs infuriate users, increase drop-off, and ruin your site’s user experience. PlayThru is the simple game-based CAPTCHA replacement that people love. It’s easy to install and completely free.
This plugin works effortlessly on comment, registration, and lost password forms, and is compatible with BuddyPress, Gravity Forms, and Contact Form 7. CAPTCHA-related dropoff is five times higher on mobile than on desktop, and the PlayThru spam blocker is optimized for touch, so it works beautifully on mobile devices.
Case Study: Spam Annihilated at VoteSane
VoteSane (www.votesane.com) experimented with a variety of CAPTCHA options, including logic CAPTCHAs (“What color is a banana?”), math CAPTCHAs (“What’s 6 + 8?”), and traditional text-based CAPTCHAs to address their spam problem. But nothing helped. No matter what they did, they were besieged with twelve to fifteen thousand spam comments a month, all of which had to be cleared out manually.
Then they discovered PlayThru. In the first month after switching to PlayThru, VoteSane didn’t receive a single spam comment. That’s right: PlayThru cut their monthly comment spam from the tens of thousands down to zero. Plus, PlayThru completely eliminated the complaints about poor user experience that VoteSane routinely received with CAPTCHA.
Learn more, give feedback, and get in touch with us at our website.
Or check us out in the media:
Thanks for joining us in the fight against CAPTCHA! Together, we can make the world a better place, one website at a time.
Install the Plugin
- Log in to your WordPress blog as the administrator
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add New
- Enter “Are You a Human” in the search box
- Click “Install Now”
- Once installation has completed, click the “Activate Plugin” link
Configure the Plugin
- Navigate to Settings -> Are You a Human
- If you have not already registered for an account, register on our site.
- After you’ve registered for an account, you’ll be assigned a Publisher and Scoring Key. Copy and paste those keys into the appropriate fields in the Are You a Human settings page within WordPress.
- Select which parts of your site you’d like PlayThru to appear on. You can also choose to hide PlayThru from registered users of your site.
- When you’re done, make sure to click the “Save Changes” button. Then you’re all set!
For a full list of frequently asked questions, please see our FAQ page
If you have other questions, or need any help, please reach out to us at our support forum.
This plugin requires an account at a third-party site. I went to check it out and found it was showing an error on their for FOR THIS PLUGIN. D’oh! Never mind.
There is no trace of the plugin on the “official” site.
1)I registered after the third attempt only because of this silly captcha
2)doesn’t work properly in Maxthon (possibly in other browsers too)
So fix these silly bugs first before of making your plugin paid.
Contributors & Developers
“Are You a Human – The Fun Spam Blocker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed blank tag generator in Contact Form 7
- Changed array syntax to pre-5.4 “array()” in ayah_wpm.php
- WP Multisite support
- Updated plugin description.
- Updated images.
- Fixed an issue causing the registration page of BuddyPress to not show PlayThru.
- Added support for BuddyPress.
- Now compatible with Network Enabled sites.
- Fixed a number of minor coding issues.
- Updated the images and description for the WordPress plugin page.
- Updated ayah.php to version 1.1.6 (which was changed to handle sites that have the curl_exec() function disabled)
- Updated ayah.php to version 1.1.5 (which was changed so that errors no longer occur when sites load multiple PlayThrus on the same page)
- Changed how stylesheet is registered to prevent warning message when debug is on.
- Updated ayah.php to version 1.1.4
- Updated ayah.php to version 1.1.3
- Fixed bug with validation in Contact Form 7 integration
- Fixed bug that caused stray curly brace to appear on screen
- Fixed bug with Contact Form 7 integration where PlayThru wouldn’t correctly validate
- Updated ayah.php
- Gravity Forms and Contact Form 7 multiple PlayThru bug fixed
- Gravity Forms integration
- All form integrations are enabled by default
- Contact Form 7 integration
- Major refactoring
- Theme support and compatibility
- UI changes
- Several major bug fixes getting the PlayThru to show for selected forms
- Was not initializing library properly
- Major code refactor
- Fixed versioning
- Fixes misspelling in domain
- Fixed bug that caused the “permissions” error when saving your settings
- Initial Beta release.