This plugin was created to stop human spammers. Captcha or other image methods do not work when an actual person is spamming your site. This plugin helps to resolve this issue. It allows your to create a custom question and answer on the registration page of a wordpress site that only the users in your demographic can answer. An example (and the reason I created this plugin) is a school track website. I would get up to 3 to 5 bogus registrations a day. I added this plugin with the question “What city is your school in?” and that number went to 0. Someone in another area is not going to know this question, however anyone who would/should be registering would defintely know the answer. This plugin will not work for everyone but it certainly was a perfect fit for me and I know it will help others too.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click the ‘Settings’ link and enter your question and required answer
- How do I set a question and answer on my registration page?
Go to your admin dashboard and click the AR Reg Secure menu option. That will take you to the Q&A form.
Contributors & Developers
“ARS Reg Secure” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed issues with readme.txt
- Fixed issue with Settings link not showing up
- Initial public version