- Fixes a bug where the default icon size was being determined from the setting for screenshot width.
- There is now a default icon that will be shown when the app id is not found in the store (or when one is not passed by you to the plugin). Screenshots use placeholder kittens so that the package does not have a ton of included art, but I can update that later if that’s a thing people want.
- Beginning of localization/internationalization support, but since I’ve never done this, I’m not confident it’s ready quite yet.
- Now with silent error handling. When an appId is not found, it will continue loading the page without the appropriate content instead of using wp_die.
- Fixed bug with cache folder creation that would throw errors up all over the place
- Added local caching of JSON API data.
- Added feature to choose duration of JSON cache.
- Added ability to select default store for lookup data.
- Added optional link parameter to asl_seller to allow user to link to seller's website.
- App Smart Banner support chooses not to show iPad apps to iPhone/iPod users, because that's just mean.
- Fixed a bug where choosing not to link the SellerName displayed the URL and not the name. Which was in there because I'm stupid.
Now that we can establish if posts/pages are about a single app using custom field appId, we will automatically add a smart banner to that post for Safari mobile. If Linkshare is present in options, it adds that. No short code required.
For posts about a single app, the user can now set a post attribute called appId with the value of the AppStore ID. This will eliminate the need to place the id parameter in all short codes, which sure is easier than copy+pasting it every time.