Adds a button to the TinyMCE editor that puts a selected email address into a shortcode [email] and turns it into a mailto-link, which uses WordPress’ native antispambot() function to encode the emailadress so harvesters can’t get it.
This is my very first public plugin, so please be gentle with your comments 😉
Find it on GitHub
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place an emailadress in your post or page, select it and press the email button in the WYSIWYG editor
- How do I use it in the plain HTML editor?
Put the email adress in the [email] shortcode like this: [email]email@example.com[/email]
Contributors & Developers
“Anti SpamBot Email Button” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Version bump for WordPress 4.1 support
- First release in the wild