What is the AmberPanther Favicon for WordPress Plugin?
AmberPanther Favicon for WordPress is a plugin developed by the AmberPanther team, designed to add a Favicon (also known as favorites icon, website icon, shortcut icon, url icon, or bookmark icon) to your WordPress powered site. The Favicon is added to the administration pages as well, not just the front pages. It supports ICO, PNG and GIF formats. It ensures cross browser functionality. The favicon files can be located in the site’s root directory (detected automatically) or in a custom directory. Visit AP Favicon to learn more.
- Supports ICO, PNG and GIF file formats.
- Files saved in the root directory of the site with the conventional name – favicon – are located automatically
- A custom uri can be defined for the favicon
- Multiple file types can be selected
- Options stored as one array in the database to minimize database cluster.
- On uninstall option array is removed from the database. No trail left behind.
- Functional and user-friendly administration pages.
amberpanther-favicon-for-wordpress.ziparchive to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory and unzip it. It will create a directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the AmberPanther Favicon options page and set it up
Contributors & Developers
“AmberPanther Favicon for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Improved handling of default favicon.ico
- Enhanced warnings
- First public release of AmberPanther Favicon for WordPress.