After you install the plugin, you need to set up your Amazon Affiliate/Associate ID in the Options panel located in the AMAZON PIP menu under AMAZON PIP OPTIONS.
An AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key REQUIRED. You MUST use the ROOT keys and not the User or Group Keys that Amazon recommends.
No additional adjustments are needed unless you want to configure your own CSS styles. Styles can be adjusted or removed in the Options Panel as well.
WARNING: If you do not add your Amazon Affiliate ID, you will NOT get credit for purchases made using this Plugin.
Adding products is a simple process.
To Add a product to an existing post:
- Go into the full edit mode for the post or page (Post/Edit then select the post).
- Under the Content editor, there will be a box called Amazon Product In a Post Settings. Maximize it if it is not already fully visible.
- There are 3 sections to fill out, Active, Location and ASIN (See below for adding via Shortcode).
- If Active is checked, the product will be live if the post is published.
- For the Location, pick the spot you want the product to show.
- Then enter the ASIN in the ASIN field.
- Save or Publish the post.
To Add a New Product Post, you have 4 options:
- You can add a new post the regular way (Post / Add New / fill out the items /Publish), and them add the product as outlined above
- You can use the Quick Add Product Feature (called New Amazon Post in the Amazon Product menu). This is the fastest method for adding a quick product with minimum text. This Method will create a New Post in the selected categories with the select post type.
- You can add a Product via Shortcode to an existing Page/Post or Custom Post Type.
- You can add products to the sidebar widgets using the shortcode method.
To Add a product Via Shortcode:
- In the Content editor, add [AMAZONPRODUCTS asin="XXXXXXXXXX"] where XXXXXXXXXX is the Amazon ASIN number.
- To add many products at a time, Separate the ASINs with a comma, like so (up to 10 per shortcode): [AMAZONPRODUCTS asin="XXXXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXXXX"]
- Update the Page/Post. You can add as many products this way as you like. Just keep in mind that there is a call made to the Amazon API for each shortcode added, so adding too separate shortcodes many could cause a noticeable increase in page loading time.
- Some settings in the individual page/post options will affect the shortcodes.