The official plugin from the Amazon Associates Program.
Become an Associate
To become an Associate, create an Amazon Associates account using URL for your country: Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States
Your Associate ID works only in the country in which you register. If you'd like to be an Associate in more than one country, please register separately for each country.
Sign up for Product Advertising API
Sign up for the Amazon Product Advertising API by following the instructions listed here. The Amazon Product Advertising API is a popular e-commerce service, powering Amazon-integrated experiences around the world, serving tens of thousands of applications and more than 1 billion API requests every day. It exposes a web-service, which allows Associates to programmatically search and look up items in the Amazon product catalog. The Link Builder plugin integrates the Product Advertising API, allowing you to access Amazon.com product catalog data without requiring additional software development.
To install the Amazon Associates Link Builder plugin:
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
2. In the search field type Amazon Associates Link Builder and click Search Plugins. You can install it by simply clicking Install Now.
Automatic updates should work like a charm. That said, it's always good practice to back up your templates just in case.
You can review the About section under the Associates Link Builder menu bar or Link Builder User Guide for more information on getting started and key features of the plugin.
Use the Associates Link Builder->Settings screen to configure the plugin.
1. Set Access Key ID and Secret Access Key in the Settings section. These credentials are used to invoke requests to the Amazon Product Advertising API for fetching information on an item.
2. Set default Associate ID. Associate ID is used to monitor traffic and sales from your links to Amazon. You can also define a list of valid Associate IDs (store ids or tracking ids). You should create a new tracking ID in your Amazon Associates account for using it as Associate ID in the plugin.
3. Set the default Amazon marketplace based on the Amazon Associates Program for which you are registered (for example, if you've signed up for the Amazon Associates Program in UK, then your default marketplace selection should be UK) and select an appropriate template for rendering your ads.
That's it! You're all set to start adding Amazon affiliate links to your posts using the Amazon Associates Link Builder plugin!
If you get stuck, or have any questions, you can ask for help in the Amazon Associates Link Builder plugin forum.
Requires: 3.0.1 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.7.0
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Active Installs: 8,000+
14 of 52 support threads in the last two months have been marked resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?