The Alpine PhotoTile for Google Plus (formerly Picasa) is capable of retrieving photos from a particular Google Plus user, a public album, a semi-private album, or a keyword.
The photos can be linked to the your Google Plus page, a specific URL, or to a Lighbox slideshow.
Also, the Shortcode Generator makes it easy to insert the widget into posts without learning any of the code.
This lightweight but powerful widget takes advantage of WordPress's built in JQuery scripts to create a sleek presentation that I hope you will like.
A full description and demonstration is available at the Alpine Press.
Alpine PhotoTile for Google+ and Picasa Features:
- Display Google Plus images in a sidebar, post, or page
- Multiple styles to allow for customization
- Lighbox feature for interactive slideshow (Fancybox, prettyBox, or ColorBox)
- Simple instructions
- Widget & shortcode options
- Feed caching/storage for improved page loading
Quick Start Guide:
- After installing the Alpine PhotoTile for Google Plus plugin on your WordPress site, make sure it is activated by logging into your admin area and going to Plugins in the left menu.
- To add the plugin to a sidebar, go to Appearance->Widgets in the left menu.
- Find the rectangle labeled Alpine PhotoTile for Picasa. Click and drag the rectangle to one of the sidebar containers on the right.
- Once you drop the rectangle in a sidebar area, it should open to reveal a menu of options. The only required information for the plugin to work is Picasa User ID. Enter this ID and click save in the right bottom corner of the menu. Please note that only public photos can be displayed, so check your privacy settings.
- Open another page/window in your web browser and navigate to your WordPress site to see how the sidebar looks with the Alpine PhotoTile for Picasa included.
- Play around with the various styles and options to find what works best for your site.