When you add text to the category description textarea and save the category, WordPress runs content filters that
strips out all but the most basic formatting tags.
This plugin disables those filters. Any html code you add to the category description will not be stripped out.
This plugin does not do anything other than disable the filters. It does not protect you from entering invalid HTML,
nor does it help you create WYSIWYG HTML. You can use the post or page composing screen to help you create the text
and formatting. Switch to the ‘code’ tab and copy the HTML code into the category description field.
- How do I contact you?
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line: Question: WordPress Plugin: Allow HTML in Category Descriptions
- Donations: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SGS5KSM9N4D3Y
just went on a limb and installed, for a thirdparty plugin catagories (wp-pizza), can confirm that it worked.
I added adsense to category page thanks to this plugin!
- Add a text domain for translation purposes
- Minor formatting of the plugin code, syntax, etc.
- Added a banner image for the plugin page
- A version bump to indicate to WordPress that the plugin was reviewed and tested in the latest version of WordPress
- Made sure that the pre_filters array had corresponding items in the filters array
- Added a donation link
- Added a filter array for the textareas admin displays
- First release into the wild after helping someone on a forum post
Contributors & Developers
Allow HTML in Category Descriptions is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors