NO LONGER SUPPORTED!!!
DO NOT INSTALL THE PLUGIN!!!
Need a simple page for the Authors and Contributors to your site? Tired of constantly updating and tweaking links to social media sites? Want to show of the experienced and amazing people on your staff?
This plugin adds a page called All Authors Page to your site and automagically adds every one with the selected roles to the page. Now there is a simple and easy way to show all your staff, content writers, experts, contributors etc. in one easy place. With easily inter-changeable role selection, automatic Gravatar pictures for any of your staff subscribed to Gravatar, and effortless & good looking social media buttons, it’s simply too accessible not to have it!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the AllAuthorPage plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress dashboard.
- Under the Settings menu select which roles you would like displayed on the All Authors Page and whether the emails of authors should be shown
- Fill in the extra Contact Info fields for your staff under the Edit User menu.
- A page will be created automatically by the plugin named the All Authors Page, please do not rename the slug for the page
- How do I set which roles are displayed on the page?
Simply go to the WordPress ‘Settings’ menu in the Dashboard, then go to the ‘All Author Settings’. The first screen shot page will then be displayed, select the roles from the drop down list and then press ‘Save Changes’.
- How can I/My staff add their social media and biographical details?
In the WordPress Dashboard go to the ‘Users’ menu and select the user you wish to edit. As shown the second screen shot page allows for biographical and social media links to be added in the text fields.
- Can I change whether my Author’s email addresses are shown?
Yes in the All Authors Settings Page there is an option to changed between being shown and being hidden
Contributors & Developers
“All Authors Page” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- No longer supported please uninstall or delete directory
- Fixed Settings page instability and settings displays being incorrect values
- Added funcationality to hide Author Email address -> Option are fickle, may take 1 or 2 saves on page to get both to where you want them, will work of fixing this
- Fatal error fix
- Bug fix for showing external links on the page
- Minor code slimmming and optimisation
- Checks role selection before displaying the page
- Creates role option in database earlier activate file
- Different Roles selection
- Facebook link
- Settings page added
- LinkedIn & Twitter link
- Stability improvements
- Google+ link added
- Minor display change
- Gravatar image added
- Biographical and links added
- Lists all Authors and Contributors