This is a rework of an original plugin called AJAX Comments by contributors DjZoNe, Mike Smullin.
- developed as WordPress MU site-wide plugin (/mu-plugins)
- hooks into the wordpress-comment-processing workflow
- therefore now cannot interfere with any other plugins
- therefore also slimmer as ever before
- therefore also hooks in with any exisiting flood protection
- easy adopting for various themes (as long as the ol / li -standard is kept)
- choose if you want to hide the form after a comment has been saved
- magic fairytale theme auto-detection
- replaced alerts with sexy web2.0ish scriptaculoused div
- separated files bring enlightening overview
- code comes with geekish documentation for your adopting pleasure
More than that, it checks if all fields filled correctly, and also makes sure to avoid comment duplication, and has flood protection capabilities as well.
Probably one of the best ways you could spice up your WordPress Blog with AJAX; readers love it! Must see for yourself.
This plugin works well in all major Web browsers, and uses discrete AJAX.
Ajax Comments known to work well, with Authimage plugin, but I rather suggest Akismet, as it is free for personal use.
- comment form validation happens server-side without refreshing or leaving the page
- Script.aculo.us Fade In/Out Effects make readers happy
- works with AuthImage captcha word verification plug-in to prevent comment spam
- uses existing theme code to match styled comment threads when producing new comments
- 25-second server timeout ensures readers aren't left hanging
- works in current versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape, and Safari.
- perfectly compliments any well-styled comment form design-don't design without it
- best when moderation is off (seems more real-time) and AuthImage is installed (self-moderation is the best moderation)