A WordPress plugin that adds Ajax powered forms to allow site visitors to sign up to your Campaign Monitor powered email lists.
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Adding a form to your sidebars
- Add the widgets to your sidebar from Appearance > Widgets
- Add your account API key and list API key to the widget
Adding a form to a post or page
- Edit the post/page
- Click the “Campaign Monitor” button Screenshot of button
- Enter your account API Key and list API key
- Where do I find my Campaign Monitor API keys?
Campaign Monitor have an excellent guide here:
- Is there a shortcode, so I can insert the form into posts or pages?
Yes, but it’s beta – please let me know if it works for you! Just click the CampaignMonitor button in the post/page editor
The widget falls back to a standard web page request, but will still keep users on your site, unlike the normal CampaignMonitor forms.
- I’ve published the form, but it won’t sign users up
The most common faults are:
- PHP needs to be 5.2 or above
- Make sure you’ve entered the Account ID and List ID, not the Client ID
Check out the debugging guide to find out exactly what your problem might be.
Contributors & Developers
“Campaign Monitor Ajax Forms” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
WordPress 4.3 compatibility.
Use latest Campaign Monitor API
Some UI tweaks in the admin area
Don’t throw warnings on more recent PHP versions
Minor markup fix
Add translation triggers, and French translation from Boris Rannou
Check classes aren’t defined before (re)defining them. Fixes issues if you already load the CM API in another plugin
Fixes for multiple widgets not picking up the correct settings
More fixes for the shortcode forms
Fix problem with shortcode button
Log debug issues for easier diagnosis of failed connections. No need to upgrade to this if you’re up and running already
Tweaks for some issues with jQuery in the admin area. Should solve problems with shortcode not being inserted properly
Don’t include services_json if class already defined
HTML tweaks from timvanoostrom
Small bugfixes, and allow user to pick from list of existing shortcodes
Add button to the editor to allow shortcode to be inserted into posts (Beta – please let me know if this works for you!)
Fix compatability with some themes
Commit missing files & remove dev branch stuff