If you are into getting traffic from all the sources available, you should consider creating Image Sitemap for your site as well.
Image XML sitemap gives Google (and other search engines like Bing) meta data about pictures on your website, so SE could crawl and index all of them.
If all your pictures are indexed by Search Engines you are getting more chances to take a part in Image Search. In some niches it is crucial.
Advanced Image Sitemap for WordPress is a sitemap generator which scans your website for all images, and create structured XML sitemap file.
Why it is advanced, you might wonder?
It gives you more power in image sitemap creation, and to be more specific:
- You can create template for image titles and descriptions (based on file name)
- You can add custom location for all your images
- You can include in Image Sitemap your thumbnails
- You can exclude images from sitemap by their size
- You can exclude images from WP plugins
With all this functionality you are able to create perfect image sitemap which can get you higher positions in Google Image Search, and as the result increase your website visibility in World’s famous Search Engine.
- Installation Instructions
- Unzip the archive on your computer
tidekeydirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Settings’ -> ‘AIS’ and set the settings you want.
Contributors & Developers
“Advanced Image Sitemap” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed problem with max execution time for sites with a large number of images
- Added a feature of removing existed image sitemap from settings page