The functionality in this plugin was incorporated into the built in export feature in WordPress 3.0
Working with a single large export file can be difficult. Use this plugin to create multiple export files that contain sections of your blog. This plugin has been tested on WP & WPMU versions 2.7 – 2.8.4. The plugin may work on earlier versions of WP/WPMU.
All restriction options provided in the plugin are optional. If no restrictions are selected, this plugin generates the same export file as the export feature built into WP & WPMU.
Export by any optional combination of:
- Date Range – Start & end month/year
- Author – Same as WP/WPMU built-in export
- Category – Export a specific category
- Content type – Choose either posts or pages
- Post status – Choose Draft, Published, Scheduled or Private
- Blog Tag/Category Terms – Choose whether to include the blog’s complete list of Tags and/or Categories
Support can be obtained through:
- Upload the
advanced-export-for-wp-wpmufolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Tools -> Advanced Export
I’ve re-used this plugin multiple times as I needed to export a bunch of content by date range/custom post type and other custom filters multiple times. Great plugin, does what it’s built to do. It doesn’t however export featured images by default but it’s a simple fix.
Schade, ich hatte das Plugin noch auf meiner alten Seite und es funkionierte.
Jetzt auf der neuen Seite geht es nicht mehr: I have no permission.
This plugin works very well through the years.
The new WordPress 4.4 has changed some xml export tags and this plugin is an excellent alternative to who want to keep the old xml style used in blogbooker.com and other applications.
Contributors & Developers
“Advanced Export for WP & WPMU” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix deprecated warnings
- Add translation support
- Changed required permission to be consistent with required export permission in WP.
- Added ability to exclude the blog’s Tags/Category lists.
- Added support for MySQL 4.0.
- Fixed issue where selecting an author generated an export with no posts.
- Added block to prevent direct calling of file.
- Original version.