Please check out the changelog of each release by following the links below. You can also check the roadmap regarding future releases of the plugin.
- Reverted back to old youtube player URL due to problems with Facebook streaming.
- Updated Opengraph generator. (props to Noorhackim for ideas and useful feedback)
- The Opengraph generator now supports 'article' and 'video.other' objects. 'video.other' is automatically set on video attachment pages and on posts with their post format set to 'video'.
- Various minor improvements and fixes.
- Final improvements of the description auto-generation algorithm. (props to TheAwesomer for all the useful feedback)
- Avatar URL that is used in Schema.org and Opengraph metadata no longer tied to the Gravatar service. (props to Nathan Hammond for ideas and sample code)
- Added support for og:type=video in OpenGraph metadata. Please find more information in the 'Opengraph Metadata' section of the plugin's admin panel.
- Added filter that makes it possible to manually add links of supported embeddable media.
- Fine tuned the algorithm that generates the automatic description to resolve issues with HTML tags not being fully removed.
- Updated translations. (props to Burak Yavuz who has been consistently translating the administration interface to the Turkish language despite the major string changes in the recent releases)
- Twitter Card meta tags now use
name instead of
property attribute. (props to Niall Kennedy for sending a patch)
- Generic descriptions now are translatable.
- Added filters for locale customization.
- Various improvements of the configuration panel.
- Added full support for the generation of the
Player Twitter Card for locally hosted audio and video. Make sure your web site is accessible over the HTTPS protocol before enabling this feature in the plugin settings, otherwise the generated Player Cards will not be rendered by Twitter. This feature is experimental and should be considered in beta phase. Your feedback is welcome.
- Added full support for enabling/disabling the features of the
Metadata metabox in the plugin configuration panel. Advanced customization of the availability of these features on a per user basis or depending upon each user's permissions, is possible through the
- The information about the supported Twitter Cards has been updated in the plugin description page on WordPress.org.
amt_metadata_metabox_permissions filter, which can be used to customize the permissions that control whether the
Metadata metabox as a whole or each individual box is displayed in the post, page and custom post type's editing screen depending on the user's capabilities. See Example 10 in the plugin description page for the details.
- Customizable video player size information in Twitter Player Cards (
- The automatically generated
keywords meta tag now also includes the terms of all public non-builtin taxonomies.
- Updated translations.
- Clearly marked the referenced items functionality as experimental.
- Re-arrange OpenGraph metadata.
- Updated translations.
- Added support for referenced items (OpenGraph
og:referenced and Schema.org
referencedItem meta tags). A new box has been added in the
Metadata metabox in the post editing screen, in which the canonical URLs of the referenced items can be added.
- Print multiple article sections (as many as the post's categories) in OpenGraph and Schema.org metadata.
- Improved filtering of the generic description of custom taxonomies via dynamic filter.
- Allow filtering the generic descriptions in category, tag, custom taxonomy and author archives.
- Add a filter to further customize the custom title programmatically.
- Fixed potential circular redirects due to missing trailing slash in the output of
- Generate metadata for custom taxonomies.
- Configurable default image size used in meta tags.
- Add filter for compact image meta tags (without size/type tags).
- Allow filtering of the robots meta tag.
- Add artwork to the plugin page on WordPress.org.
- Various minor fixes and additions.
- Minor bug fixes contributed by users during the last months. (Thanks Andy, raidnet, bhoogterp)
- Updated translations.
- Resolved almost all HTML validation issues.
- The first page of the category/tag/author archives is always indexed.
- Improved metadata for content and attachments (Opengraph, Dublin Core, Twitter Cards, Schema.org).
- Metadata generated for all attached local media.
- Experimental metadata for embedded media. Currently supported: Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, Flickr. See description page for details.
- Support for all Twitter Card types. Takes post format into account.
- Added Serbian translation (thanks Borisa Djuraskovic)
- Added German translation (thanks BodoKaDe)
- Added Greek translation (George Notaras)
- Updated translations. Temporarily removed Slovak translation (until it is refreshed). Added Turkish translation (thanks Burak).
- Improved metadata on image attachment pages.
- Support for reading data from external custom fields. Useful when migrating from other plugins or from custom hacks. Please read the Advanced Customization section at the plugin homepage for more information and examples.
- Improved basic metadata for category/tag/author based archives (thanks Bidstall Admin).
- Improved Dublin Core metadata.
- Available features in this release: Twitter Cards, Schema.org Microdata.
- Make sure you read the notes under the relevant options. Please report any issues in the WordPress Forums.
- Better metadata in author archives.
- Solid sanitization of user input. Please report any issues in the WordPress forums.
- Improved core functionality.
- Customization through filters. Developers and advanced users please read the Advanced Customization section at the plugin homepage.
- Please read note under Opengraph settings regarding the generation of the 'article:author' and 'article:publisher' Opengraph tags.
- New features. Please review settings.