30suns makes it easy to start publishing incident reports on a status page.
This plugin makes it easy to embed your 30suns hosted status page into a normal WordPress page or post using a
[thirtysuns] shortcode. You’ll need a 30suns.com Username to use it and you will need to define at least one service. Usernames are free to try with paid subscriptions available for businesses and commercial sites.
Benefits of Publishing a Hosted Status Page
If your organization is a solution provider, you understand that downtime can reduce customer confidence and impair your reputation. Hopefully, you can keep downtime to a minimum, but if you do have service outages, it’s imperative that you provide your users with access to real-time status updates.
Knowing your own service status is the first step and there are plenty of excellent monitoring tools like munin, statsd, graphite, and services like Pingdom, New Relic and others that can assist with your internal service status tracking.
30suns completes the monitoring and reporting loop by providing your users with a centralized service health dashboard similar to the status pages that many professional platform and service providers publish, e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Apps and Windows Azure.
Publishing a status page will improve communication with your users and can even result in fewer support requests during outages.
30suns hosted status page includes additional benefits such as:
- Full-stack incident reporting, including Current Status, Status History and Scheduled Maintenance
- Account-level and Service-specific RSS Feeds
- WordPress plugin makes it easy to publish your dashboard directly from your WordPress site.
- Simple RESTful API lets you integrate easily with your existing monitoring environment
- No Risk – enjoy a free trial with no long-term contracts and pay-as-you-go pricing starting at just $7/mo
To get started, 1) register for a trial account at 30suns.com/register/ and add at least one service, 2) install this plugin and enter your username in the settings area and 3) create a page with the shortcode
Upload the 30suns plugin to your blog, Activate it, then enter your 30suns.com Username. Create a page and insert the shortcode
That’s it! When you publish incident reports on 30suns they will be immediately visible on your site’s status page.
Contributors & Developers
“30suns Hosted Status Page” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Supports WordPress 3.9
- First version, allows specifying 30suns username and allows embedding a user’s status dashboard using the [thirtysuns] shortcode.