Use this plugin to insert product data in your posts’ content or custom fields.
It requires authentication as an affiliate in one of these networks. Products are imported as individual posts (or other custom post types, configurable) which can use several custom fields based on product info from the feeds.
Note that you have to embed this information in your theme manually using the
tp_get_the_product_field( $field ) or
tp_the_product_field( $field ) methods.
$field can be any string defined in the Product fields table on the settings page.
- Unzip and upload
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your site
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin’s settings
<?php tp_the_product_info('info_field'); ?>in your templates
- What do I do after installing and setting up the plugin?
You can add products using one of these metehods:
Posts (or other custom post type you selected) > Add from feed – Select a product and Add it, choosing the category it should reside in.
Posts/Pages > Add new – Use the Insert 2Performant Product button on the visual editor (the last button on the first row), choose a product and click Insert
- I have installed the plugin, added a product from a feed, but it doesn’t show up on my website. Why?
You have to manually display the product fields using the
tp_the_product_field( $key )method.
- Whoa! That product snippet looks totally awkward on my blog. You call that looking good?
Actually, no. But there’s a reason for it: you can customize the output depending on your theme and imagination. Just go to the settings page and edit the output template.
- I have a long list of imported products and for some reason when I update them all, the script never finishes. What should I do?
There’s a bug/feature in WordPress which gets in the way of the process. It’s documented here. The quickfix is to add
Contributors & Developers
“2Performant Product Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated TPerformant Api to 0.6.2
- Enhanced the speed of add product page (up to 10 times faster)
- Updated jQuery plugins
- Compatibility fixes for WordPress WordPress 3.8
- Bugfix removed a text meant to be used for maintenance purposes.
- Updated support for WordPress 3.6
- Bugfix introduced by WP 3.6 upgrade
- Updated Updated the 2Performant api to v0.6.1
- Bugfix Fixed the blank settings page generated by password change
- Bugfix Fixed the search box for some of the feeds
- Bugfix Some functions in post edit page didn’t work in WP 3.3+
- Bugfix Update all products now works properly when using a custom post type
- New feature Post thumbnails now saved as JPG for disk space conservation
- Bugfix Infinite scroll issue (Add button no longer works after scroll in some situations)
- Compatibility fixes for WordPress 3.2
- Critical Bugfix accounting for API change
- New feature
tp_get_the_product_field()now accepts post ID as parameter
- Critical Bugfix AJAX now works on environments which cannot use __callStatic (i.e. PHP <5.3)
- Bugfix Product mass update now divided into batches of configurable size. This way, even when updating large lists of products, script will not fail.
- Bugfix Now shows failed updated in update log and displays summary when some products fail update.
- New Feature Customizable product template – change the way the inserted product shows up on your website
- Bugfix Several minor bugfixes and security issues handled
- Hotfix Resolves incompatibility with environments running PHP <5.3
- Bugfix Insert product into post box not resizing correctly
- New Feature Introduced ability to insert product info dirrectly into post content using the WYSIWYG editor (see Insert 2Performant Product button) and shortcode
- Bugfix Product update for drafts/pending products
- Bugfix Campaigns now sorted by name
- Bugfix Does not delete regular posts on update