WordPress YouTube embeds and galleries can be customized in a wide variety of ways with this plugin. Here are a few recently added features:
- YouTube Channel and Playlist Gallery – The ability to make playlist (and channel) embeds have a gallery layout. By default, the plugin can generate a grid-based responsive playlist or channel gallery >>. Your visitors can browse through pages of video thumbnails and choose from videos that are pulled from an entire YouTube channel or playlist.
- Auto continuous play for playlist and channel gallery embeds
- Improved accessibility by using title attributes for screen reader support. It should help your site pass functional accessibility evaluations (FAE).
- Improved ajax theme support
- Easy “Insert” button for both the Visual and Text mode of the editor
- Embed an entire channel as a (non-gallery, single embedded player) playlist
- Start video settings for playlist embeds. You can now choose to start a playlist with a specific video or have the plugin automatically start with the most recently added video.
- Volume level initialization – helpful when autoplay is checked
- iOS playback preferences
- Automatic localization/internationalization so you can set the player’s interface language from English to another
- Instant HTTPS support. It can even convert past non-HTTPS videos to HTTPS. Did you know that Google uses HTTPS/SSL support as a ranking signal for SERP?
- “At a Glance” direct access to your YouTube posts/pages
- Shortcode support for embedding multiple videos on one line
- General playlist embedding support
- Default HTML5 YouTube player support
- YouTube plugin migration support
You can even extend the plugin with PRO features like:
- Alternate playlist and channel gallery styling (list layouts and slider layouts, popup/lightbox player, and more)
- Caching to avoid making frequent requests to YouTube.com and speed up your page loads
- Automatic video thumbnail images: each post or page that contains at least one video will have the thumbnail of its first video serve as its featured image
- Lazy loading YouTube embeds >> with eye-catching effects and animations
- Automatic tagging for video SEO
- Automatic Open Graph tagging for Facebook
- Deleted video alerts (i.e., did Google remove or take down videos I previously embedded?)
- Mobile compatibility checking (i.e., see if your embeds have restrictions that can block your site’s mobile visitors from viewing)
- Alerts when visitors from different countries are blocked from viewing your embeds
- And more features and analytics…
Click the Download button to start exploring now, or take a look at some details below.
This plugin helps you easily manage the growing complexity of YouTube embedding. It provides a spectrum of basic and advanced features of the YouTube embedded player and will have you posting videos in seconds after installing it. All you have to do is simply paste an unformatted YouTube link on its own line (shortcodes are also supported). Your YouTube embeds will then show up when you preview or publish the post.
The settings page has plenty of default options that you can automatically apply to all your embedded YouTube videos. Check out the free options below:
- Make your videos responsive so that they dynamically fit in all screen sizes (smart phone, PC and tablet)
- Modest branding – hide YouTube logo while playing
- Turn on/off all annotations by default
- Automatically center all your videos
- Automatically start playing your videos
- Autohide controls until hovering
- Loop your videos
- Show/hide related videos at the end
- Show/hide the video title and other info
- Use the light theme
- Show/hide player controls
- Turn on/off closed captions by default
- Use “opaque” wmode
Customizations can be also made to each YouTube embed by adding more to the link as shown below. Adding these will override the above global defaults that you set:
- width – Sets the width of your player. If omitted, the default width will be the width of your theme’s content. Example:
- height – Sets the height of your player. If omitted, this will be calculated for you automatically. Example:
- vq – Set this to
hd1080to force the video to play in HD quality, if available. Example:
- autoplay – Set this to 1 to autoplay the video (or 0 to play the video once). Example:
- cc_load_policy – Set this to 1 to turn on closed captioning (or 0 to leave them off). Example:
- iv_load_policy – Set this to 3 to turn off annotations (or 1 to show them). Example:
- loop – Set this to 1 to loop the video (or 0 to not loop). Example:
- modestbranding – Set this to 1 to remove the YouTube logo while playing (or 0 to show the logo). Example:
- rel – Set this to 0 to not show related videos at the end of playing (or 1 to show them). Example:
- showinfo – Set this to 0 to hide the video title and other info (or 1 to show it). Example:
- theme – Set this to ‘light’ to make the player have the light-colored theme (or ‘dark’ for the dark theme). Example:
- autohide – Set this to 1 to slide away the control bar after the video starts playing. It will automatically slide back in again if you mouse over the video. (Set to 2 to always show it). Example:
You can also start and end each individual video at particular times. Like the above, each option should begin with ‘&’
- start – Sets the time (in seconds) to start the video. Example:
- end – Sets the time (in seconds) to stop the video. Example:
About the PRO version:
Beyond the above features, you have the option of upgrading to PRO to add enhanced features like the full visual embedding wizard (so you can avoid memorizing codes), gallery styling for channel and playlist embeds, priority support, and security/performance. As a PRO user, you also get access to our deleted video alerts to help avoid showing embedded videos that are later removed from YouTube.com. You even get an embedder-centric analytics dashboard that adds view tracking to each of your embeds so that you can answers questions like:
- How much are your visitors actually watching the videos you post?
- How does the view activity on your site compare to other sites like it?
- What and when are your best and worst performing YouTube embeds?
- How much do the producers of the YouTube videos you embed rely on your site, versus other sites and YouTube.com, for views?
- Are you embedding videos that are blocked in other countries?
- Have your visitors tried to view a page and/or gallery on your site with deleted/unavailable videos?
See more details after installing. Enjoy!
Maintained by EmbedPlus for YouTube >>
This YouTube plugin can include premium features like animation effects using lazy loading, alternate playlist and channel gallery styles, automatic video thumbnail support, automatic schema tagging for video SEO, mobile compatibility checking, and deleted video alerts when you upgrade to PRO.
Got in Dolphin-Browser on my android this popup
Easy to upgrade to pro, now looking forward to enjoy the plugin.
WordPress YouTube Embed 11.5
- thumbnail stacking for mobile galleries
- better support for ajax themes
- alt text to images
WordPress YouTube Embed 11.4
- (Free) Improved subscribe button CSS and a new migration option.
- (Pro) Improved accessibility for popup lightbox galleries.
WordPress YouTube Embed 11.3.1
- (Free) improved debug mode messages
- (Pro) autonext for popup lightbox galleries and hide clear cache button option
WordPress YouTube Embed 11.3
- Improved responsive sizing for AJAX-based themes
- Popup lightbox display option for Pro galleries
WordPress YouTube Embed 11.2
- Adds improved wizard and gallery options for Free and Pro users.
- Improved handling of PHP notices.
- Clear cache shortcut added for Pro users.
WordPress YouTube Embed 11.1
- Automatic continuous play for playlist and channel gallery embeds.
- Ability to add a YouTube channel subscription link to all galleries.
- Ability to hide Previous/Next buttons and page numbers.
- Featured images can now be pulled from playlists (using the thumbnail of the first video).
WordPress YouTube Embed 11.0.1
Improves HTTPS support for structured data tags, and HTTPS support in Firefox.
WordPress YouTube Embed 11.0
Improves playlist and gallery embedding functionality.
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.9
This version offers a host of updates: compatibility fixes, higher quality featured images, selective responsive sizing, wizard enhancements, and circular shaped thumbnails.
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.8
This update improves compatibility and adds features to Free and Pro galleries.
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.7
Adds legacy option.
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.6
Enhanced debugging support for galleries.
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.5
Enhanced gallery settings for scrolling, video titles, and thumbnail styling.
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.4
Addresses limitations some users were getting when pasting a YouTube channel and/or playlist gallery.
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.3
Adds the ability to make playlist and channel embeds have a gallery layout. By the default, the plugin can generate a grid-based responsive playlist and channel gallery >>
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.2
Adds start video settings for playlist embeds. You can now choose to start a playlist with a specific video or have the plugin automatically start with the most recently added video.
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.1
Adds the ability to automatically migrate from another plugin’s shortcode. Caching feature now allows lifetime settings. Improved compatibility with other plugins using the YouTube API.
WordPress YouTube Embed 10.0
This update includes improved tips (Free and Pro) and adds caching to the Pro version for faster page loading.
WordPress YouTube Embed 9.8
Upgraded code to use YouTube API v3.
WordPress YouTube Embed 9.7
Adds improved accessibility for screen readers and video thumbnail as featured image support.
WordPress YouTube Embed 9.5
WordPress YouTube Embed 9.4
Adds Autofit Widget option for Free and PRO users. Also adds slide from left animation to PRO effects >>
WordPress YouTube Embed 9.3
Improved volume functionality and interface updates (Free and PRO). Special effects added to PRO version >>
WordPress YouTube Embed 9.2
HTTPS/SSL detection is now fully automatic. The manual checkbox is no longer needed.
WordPress YouTube Embed 9.1
With this version, the plugin can now automatically detect your site’s default language and set the interface of the embedded YouTube player to match.
WordPress YouTube Embed 9.0
Adds automatic localization/internationalization so you can set the player’s interface language from English to another.
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.9
Allows volume level initialization.
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.8
- Better embedplus plugin conflict notifications.
- Greater emphasis on HTTPS support due to Google’s recent announcement about HTTPS/SSL as an SEO/SERP signal.
- Supports latest version of WordPress (3.9.2).
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.7
(PRO) Extends the plugin’s existing tagging capabilities by also adding Open Graph markup to enhance Facebook sharing/discovery of your pages.
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.6
Expanded HTTPS/SSL support.
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.5
This update features a new iOS related option for both Free and PRO users. PRO users additionally have the new mobile compatibility checker.
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.4
This update features improved responsive theme support for both Free and PRO versions. It also adds refined schema tag support to the Pro SEO feature.
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.3
Now compatible with WordPress 3.9.
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.2
An at a glance regex impromevent (all users). Dashboard now warns you of embeds that are blocked from your visitors in other countries (PRO).
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.1
Fixes rare YouTube ID issue.
WordPress YouTube Embed 8.0
Fixes rare ajax issue.
WordPress YouTube Embed 7.9
YouTube searching and inserting now works in Text mode of the editor too.
WordPress YouTube Embed 7.8
“At a Glance” direct access to YouTube posts/pages.
WordPress YouTube Embed 7.7
Fixes black bar issue when no height/width is specified.
WordPress YouTube Embed 7.6
Added notice about Google’s HD problem.
WordPress YouTube Embed 7.5
Ability to embed an entire channel as a playlist embed.
WordPress YouTube Embed 7.3
Change the color of the progress bar from red to white.
WordPress YouTube Embed 7.2
Added music video extras to inspire your posts (PRO).
WordPress YouTube Embed 7.1
Added autohide controls feature
WordPress YouTube Embed 7.0
Shortcode support for embedding multiple videos on one line
WordPress YouTube Embed 6.4
Fixes for some users of WordPress 3.8
WordPress YouTube Embed 6.3
Removed possible e_notices.
WordPress YouTube Embed 6.2
Given the increasing focus on privacy, the no-cookies options was added as a free option to all users. Priority support enhancements also made.
WordPress YouTube Embed 6.1
Easier access to general settings and dashboard.
WordPress YouTube Embed 6.0
This version opens up the ability to view Internet video discussions to all wizard users.
Also, due to numerous users being unable to find the wizard button, we moved it up next to the “Add Media” button.
Finally, we added Video SEO tags as a PRO option.
WordPress YouTube Embed 5.1
Added ability to set default dimensions.
Enhanced compatibility with SSL sites.
WordPress YouTube Embed 5.0
Built-in YouTube video search, viewing, and insertion right from your editor tab (for all users).
The ability to review the latest web discussions about a video you want to embed before embedding it (PRO users).
Other minor optimizations.
WordPress YouTube Embed 4.8
Works when pasting embed link in sidebar text widgets
WordPress YouTube Embed 4.7
Improved separation of PRO and Free features in the UI
WordPress YouTube Embed 4.6
Added optional responsive video layout to fit all screen sizes. (smart phone, PC and tablet)
WordPress YouTube Embed 4.5
Added support for playlists.
added support for wmode.
WordPress YouTube Embed 4.1
Fixed spacing issue. Also added ability to fall back to old spacing format.
WordPress YouTube Embed 4.0
New features for all users: lazy loading for the flash player by default and the ability to hide player controls for a cleaner look.
WordPress YouTube Embed 3.7
Enhanced deleted video checker for PRO users
WordPress YouTube Embed 3.5
Added ability to try to force HTML5 player to speed up page loading
WordPress YouTube Embed 3.3
HTTPS: Added secure YouTube embedding
WordPress YouTube Embed 3.2
Ensures video-specific height overrides defaults properly
WordPress YouTube Embed 3.1
Fixed obscure height problem
WordPress YouTube Embed 3.0
Added Visual YouTube Wizard for PRO users
Added autologin to analytics for PRO users
Added priority support form for PRO users
WordPress YouTube Embed 2.6
Compatible with WP 3.6
WordPress YouTube Embed 2.4
Added auto HD support
Support for shorthand (i.e.
Fixed editor issue
WordPress YouTube Embed 2.3
Start/end time shortcut bug fix
WordPress YouTube Embed 2.2
WordPress YouTube Embed 2.1
By request from several users, we’ve added easier access to the video analytics dashboard
WordPress YouTube Embed 2.0
This upgrade specifically integrates a user-friendly YouTube Analytics Dashboard to this plugin so you can learn a lot more about the videos you post. Download it if you would like it to use your site’s YouTube-related activity to help answer questions like:
- How much are your visitors actually watching the videos you post?
- How does the view activity on your site compare to other sites like it?
- What and when are your best and worst performers?
- How much do the producers of the YouTube videos you embed rely on your site for views?
We think these are all interesting questions; however, note that there’s no need to upgrade if you don’t.
WordPress YouTube Embed 1.1
Fixed minor bug.
WordPress YouTube Embed 1.0
First release uploaded to the plugin repository.