WordPress Popular Posts is a highly customizable widget that displays the most popular posts on your blog.
- Multi-widget capable. That is, you can have several widgets of WordPress Popular Posts on your blog – each with its own settings!
- Time Range – list those posts of your blog that have been the most popular ones within a specific time range (eg. last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc.)!
- Custom Post-type support. Wanna show other stuff than just posts and pages?
- Display a thumbnail of your posts! (see the FAQ section for technical requirements).
- Use your own layout! WPP is flexible enough to let you customize the look and feel of your popular posts! (see customizing WPP’s HTML markup and styling the list for more).
- WPML support!
- WordPress Multisite support!
- Check the statistics on your most popular posts from the dashboard.
- Order your popular list by comments, views (default) or average views per day!
- Shortcode support – use the [wpp] shortcode to showcase your most popular posts on pages, too! For usage and instructions, please refer to the installation section.
- Template tags – Don’t feel like using widgets? No problem! You can still embed your most popular entries on your theme using the wpp_get_mostpopular() template tag. Additionally, the wpp_get_views() template tag allows you to retrieve the views count for a particular post. For usage and instructions, please refer to the installation section.
- Localizable to your own language (See the FAQ section for more info).
- WP-PostRatings support. Show your visitors how your readers are rating your posts!
WordPress Popular Posts is now also on GitHub!
- Flame graphic by freevector/Vecteezy.com.
The FAQ section has been moved here.
Using it since years and I need it.
The plugin is outdated since six months! Can anyone tell me, why the author doesn't care about updating his product?
- Attempt to convert tables to InnoDB during upgrade if other engine is being used.
- Adds a check to prevent the upgrade process from running too many times.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Documentation updated.
- Fixes potential XSS exploit in WPP’s admin dashboard.
- Adds filter to set which post types should be tracked by WPP (details).
- Adds ability to select first attached image as thumbnail source (thanks, @serglopatin!)
- Fixes warning message: ‘stream does not support seeking in…’
- Removes excerpt HTML encoding.
- Passes widget ID to the instance variable for customization.
- Adds CSS class current.
- Documentation cleanup.
- Other minor bug fixes / improvements.
- Fixes undefined index notice.
- Makes sure legacy tables are deleted on plugin upgrade.
- Adds the ability to limit the amount of data logged by WPP (see Settings > WordPress Popular Posts > Tools for more).
- Adds Polylang support (thanks, @Chouby!)
- Removes post data from DB on deletion.
- Fixes whitespaces from post_type argument (thanks, @getdave!)
- WPP now handles SSL detection for images.
- Removes legacy datacache and datacache_backup tables.
- Adds Settings page advertisement support.
- FAQ section has been moved over to Github.
If you’re using a caching plugin, flushing its cache after installing / upgrading to this version is highly recommended.
- Fixes a potential bug that might affect other plugins & themes (thanks @pippinsplugins).
- Defines INNODB as default storage engine.
- Adds the wpp-no-data CSS class to style the “Sorry, no data so far” message.
- Adds a new index to summary table.
- Updates plugin’s documentation.
- Other small bug fixes and improvements.
If you’re using a caching plugin, flushing its cache after installing / upgrading to this version is recommended.
- Simplifies category filtering logic.
- Fixes list sorting issue that some users were experimenting (thanks, sponker!)
- Widget uses stock thumbnails when using predefined size (some conditions apply).
- Adds the ability to enable / disable responsive support for thumbails.
- Renames wpp_update_views action hook to wpp_post_update_views, update your code!
- Adds wpp_pre_update_views action hook.
- Adds filter wpp_render_image.
- Drops support for get_mostpopular() template tag.
- Fixes empty HTML tags (thumbnail, stats).
- Removes Japanese, French and Norwegian Bokmal translation files from plugin.
- Many minor bug fixes / enhancements.
See full changelog.