“Ustream Status” is a widget and shortcode plug-in to display the live/offline status of a Ustream channel, using the desired images.
Enter a Ustream channel, and it will fetch the online/offline status. Then it will display the online/offline status image of your choice.
Ustream is one of the major live casting service providers that anybody can start a live cast for free or even make money.
SAMPLE SITE (although you only see it when I’m live)
I’m looking for your feedback! Please contact me via my website
or @katz515 on twitter.
Fork me on GitHub. Pull Requests are always welcome!
Plug-in Support Page
Also check out my other WordPress plugins
- What do I need?
In addition to WordPress site, you need to sign-up at Ustream.tv and start live casting.
- How do I sign up for Ustream?
Click sign-up icon from Ustream.tv
- I don’t have any images for offline/online images
You need to make your own images. I may make preset later if you ask me so.
- I’m live. But my status won’t change.
First, wait for 60 seconds. Ustream Status uses cache. It only checks the live/offline status once every 60 seconds.
If you don’t see the change os status after 60 seconds you become live, you may have misspelled your Ustream ID, your WordPress site may be having hard time reaching Ustream Server, or your IP may be blocked from Ustream Server.
- How can I check if Ustream server is working or not?
If you’re still having problem getting the status, you can think of the following situation
- You mistyped your Ustream channel
- You mistyped the wrong URL of images
- Ustream Server may be having some problem.
- Your WordPress server may be blocked from Ustream Server
The plug-in works great. I created my own images for online and offline status and it works flawlessly. Thank you.
- Support translation.
- Switch to support new Ustream API.
- You don’t notice the difference but completely changed the way the plugin fetch the online status.
- Ustream API no longer accepts http request but https.
- Fix shortcode output.
- Fix the
Warning: file_get_contents(http://api.ustream.tv/php/channel/wotstv/getValueOf/status) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /path/to/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ustream-status/ustreamstatus.php on line 96.error
- Support multiple channel.
- Support shortcode.
- Reduced the cache time to 60 sec from 120 sec
- The initial version. This version should work ok.