Speed Booster Pack allows you to improve your page loading speed and get a higher score on the major speed testing services such as GTmetrix, Google PageSpeed, YSlow, Pingdom, Webpagetest or other speed testing tools.
Why Site Speed Is Important
When visitors lands on your site for the first time, you only have 3 seconds to capture their attention and convince them to stick around. That’s not convinced you? Read on:
- Google incorporating site speed in search rankings
- 47% of online consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less
- 40% of people will abandon a site that takes more than 3 seconds to load
- 80% of online consumers are less likely to return to a slow website
The following video is not about “how to get a score of 100 in Google Page Speed” but want to show the difference in points Before and After activating Speed Booster Pack plugin:
Main Plugin Features
- Moves scripts to the footer to improve page loading speed.
- Loads CSS asynchronously to render your page more quickly and get a higher score on the major speed testing services.
- Minify and inline all CSS styles and move them to the footer to eliminate external render-blocking CSS and optimize CSS delivery.
- Lazy loads images to improve page load times and save bandwidth.
- Changes image compression level to keep file sizes smaller.
- Removes query strings from static resources to improve your speed scores.
- Removes extra Font Awesome stylesheets added to your theme by certain plugins, if Font Awesome is already used in your theme.
- Removes junk header tags to clean up your WordPress Header.
- Displays page loading time in the plugin options page.
- Displays the number of executed queries in the plugin options page.
Displays the Peak Memory Used in the plugin options page.
For complete usage instructions visit Plugin Documentation
- Check out our Premium Themes that use our Speed Booster Pack plugin
The following are other recommended plugins by the author of Speed Booster Pack:
- Simple Author Box – A simple but cool author box with social icons.
- Verify Ownership – Adds meta tag verification codes to your site.
Translators are welcome!
Page Load Stats
Page Load Stats is a brief statistic displayed in the plugin options page. It displays your homepage loading speed (in seconds) and number of processed queries.
Page loading time – the progress bar color will be:
- green if the page load takes less than a second
- orange when loading the page takes between 1 and 2 seconds
- red if the page loading takes longer than 2 seconds
Number of executed queries – the progress bar color will be:
- green if there were less than 100 queries
- orange if there were between 100 and 200 queries
- red if the page required more than 200 queries
- Thanks to Jason Penney for Google Libraries feature.
- Credits for Lazy Load feature belongs to: WordPress.com VIP team at Automattic, the TechCrunch 2011 Redesign team, and Jake Goldman (10up LLC).
- CSS option was implemented from Async JS and CSS plugin and updated to our plugin.
- The plugin uses jQuery.sonar by Dave Artz (AOL).
Works perfectly on my site and does what the features say. Thanks!
I see some 1 start here not sure why. I tried lots of plugins and not any of them could do the score 100/100. now I am using 3 plugins to speed it up and speed booster pack is the last one I've installed. before installing it had score 85/95 after activated it score is 100/100. remember: 3 plugins together did for me max score. thx
- Fixed plugin options visibility issue
- All important options switched to off by default (on first plugin activation).
- Added Spanish translation by Andrew Kurtis
- Added option to exclude certain JS files from being moved to the footer.
- Added option to exclude certain JS files from being defered.
- Added a list of handles of all scripts and styles enqueued by your theme, useful for excluding options.
- Removed FOUC option since is useless with W3 Total Cache.
- Some visual changes on plugin options page.
- Translation updated with the new strings.
- Moved some admin inline scripts to js files.
- Fixed TypeError: $ is not a function when Prevent Flash of Unstyled Content (FOUC) option is active. Thanks to @Marcio Duarte for the bug report.
- Added option to exclude certain CSS files from being loaded asynchronously.
- Changed the position of the styles when they are inlined to the footer (before js files).
- Added an experimental option to eliminate flash of unstyled content (FOUC) when all CSS styles are inlined to the footer.
- Translations updated.
- Fixed option to disable all CSS Async features on mobile devices.
- Fixed incompatibility with WPtouch plugin. Thanks to @DevilIce for the bug report.
- Updated function wp_is_mobile() on lazy load images to really disabled this feature on mobile devices.
*Added an option to disable all CSS Async features on mobile devices, to avoid some appearance issues until finding a clean solution to fix it.
*Modified: amended previous except for the admin toolbar css to enqueue its stylesheets only if admin bar is showing, to not break the render blocking plugin option.
- Fix: breaking the SEO by Yoast plugin interface (perhaps as well as to others too). Thanks to @JahLive for the bug report.
- Added an except for the admin toolbar css since the Load CSS asynchronously option removes its dashicons and stylesheets.
- Added option to load CSS asynchronously to render your page more quickly and get a higher score on the major speed testing services
- Added option to inline and minify all CSS styles and move them to the header or to the footer, to eliminate external render-blocking CSS and optimize CSS delivery.
- Added option to change the default image compression level, to help your pages load faster and keep file sizes smaller.
- Added memory usage information and active plugins number in the plugin options page.
- Replaced PHP version info with memory usage information (more useful).
- Added Romanian translation and POT file. Translators are welcome!
- Fixed Lazy Load missed js.
- Fixed some errors and missed codes from plugin functions.
- Added Lazy Load feature to improve the web page loading times of your images.
- Added an option to remove all rss feed links from WP Head.
- Added plugin options informations to the footer, visible in page source(hidden in front end), useful for debugging.
- Added a new option to remove extra Font Awesome stylesheets added to your theme by certain plugins, if Font Awesome is already used in your theme.
- Added a new option to remove WordPress Version Number.
- Fixed strict standards error: redefining already defined constructor for class.
- Modified the plugin version number variable in plugin options page.
- Modified Readme file
- Initial release