It is impossible to keep people from stealing images that appear in web pages, but this plugin will deter casual theft from surfers who do not want to interpret HTML or dig into the browser cache.
Smart Phone support is hit or miss. Some web pages rely very much on clickable images and this suppresses some actions, so if an image is large enough to fill a screen, the page may not be able to scroll. It depends very much on your WordPress theme and how it displays images.
Images uploaded via the WordPress Media uploader will open in a window if clicked. The image will not be protected, so be sure to indicate that there should be no action if the image is clicked at the time you upload the image.
= Rate the Plugin =
This plugin is free and I expect nothing in return. Please rate the plugin at: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/no-right-click-images-plugin/
Buy my book
If you wish to support my programming, buy my book:
http://www.blogseye.com/buy-the-book/ : Error Message Eyes: A Programmer’s Guide to the Digital Soul
Some of my many plugins
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/permalink-finder/ : Permalink Finder Plugin
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/open-in-new-window-plugin/ : Open in New Window Plugin
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/kindle-this/ : Kindle This – publish blog to user’s Kindle
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stop-spammer-registrations-plugin/ : Stop Spammer Registrations Plugin
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/collapse-page-and-category-plugin/ : Collapse Page and Category Plugin
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-post-type-list-widget/ : Custom Post Type List Widget
- I click on an image to open it and then I can save it
When you added the image to WordPress you specified this behavior. When you insert an image you have to specify that you don’t want to have a click on the image open the image. It is up to you to protect your images by not opening the image on a click.
If you are able to click on an image to display the image in a new window, it is then outside of WordPress and can’t be protected.
- I have a Slideshow or Gallery and users can right click on the images in the gallery.
A great plugin to protect users from saving images
Blocks image download without disabling other right click capabilities.
- initial release
- Disabled links to local images (png, gif, jpg) in wp-content, preventing them from opening in a new window. This would allow these images to be saved or copied.
- Backed out click check on images because it broke galleries. I left it in as an option if you want to change the code.
- Added option so that logged in users are allowed to copy images. Disables the plugin for logged in users. Captured copy to clipboard events to prevent another way of copying in some browsers. Fixed a problem in image replacement that prevented an image from being restored when another image was right clicked before the image times out.
- Changed the default so that logged in users cannot copy images. Too many people tested the plugin without checking the settings and assumed that the plugin was broken. They did not read the documentation, try the settings, or check the WordPress forums. I am sorry that I had to do this, but users were indicating on the WordPress plugin page that it didn’t work.
- Added support for longclick and touch interface for android and ipad/iphone.
- Added alternate replacement image url for webmasters who don’t like the o-slash
- Added an option to turn off IOS Android events that screwed up some web sites.
- Added an extra Security check on plugin load.
- This readme file did not update on the WordPress site so I have reloaded it.