Custom Login URL (CLU) is a lightweight plugin that allows to customize default WP login, registration and password
reminder URLs without modifying any files, simple and swift.
Why would anyone would want to use this plugin? Well, after developing WPHelpDesk it turned
out that site owners do not want to reveal to customers that they are using WordPress, hence the plugin that will mask
What the plugin can do:
- change /wp-login.php to for example /user/login/
- change /wp-login.php?action=register to for example /user/register/
- change /wp-login.php?action=lostpassword to for example /user/remind/
- change /wp-login.php?action=logout to for example /user/logout/
- you can define your own custom paths for each URL above
- set successfull login and logout redirect URLs
In order to make the plugin work you need to have Permalinks enabled in WP Settings.
Installed it, changed the URLs (not very clear I might add) and locked myself out. Entering correct login details just refreshed the page until I went BACK to wp-admin, where I was already logged in. Pile of rubbish. Avoid.
Allows for changing the login, registration, lost password, and logout URLs to something custom. Works great under 4.6.1, even though it does not say it's tested under anything above 4.2.10.
- FIXED: Some ‘notices’ and ‘warnings’
- FIXED: Correct stable tag set.
- FIXED: Automatic Login Rewrite Activation
- Initial release