The AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter provides interesting and unique captchas to enhance and secure your WordPress pages against spam and brute-force Admin logins. The ANTI-SPAM FILTER containing customizable keywords and phrases blocks spam and filters posted user Comments for inappropriate content.
Additionally, the new SPAM COUNTER feature provides you with an indication of the nature and magnitude of the spamming activity directed against your WordPress pages.
This plugin can also thwart automated attacks against your WordPress Admin Log In area, thus safeguarding your WordPress site from nefarious Admin log-in attempts.
Several Captcha Types are available, including:
- Captcha Classica
- Captcha Mathematica
- Captcha Artistica
- Captcha Cinematica
- Captcha Literacha
- Captcha Scientifica
- Captcha Historica
- Captcha Acronymica
- Captcha Musica
- Captcha Geographica
- Captcha Numerica
- Captcha Sportica
- Captcha Directa
- Captcha Fashionica
- Captcha Economica
- Captcha Gastronomica
- Captcha Medica
- Captcha Ecologica
- Captcha Televisica
Additionally, when the Anti-Spam Filter of the plugin is active, all spam-related Comments and E-mails are blocked, and not sent to you. This saves you time by automatically stopping these annoying spam Comments and E-mails from cluttering your WordPress Dashboard, thus allowing you to devote your time to more important tasks.
You can create your own Custom Anti-Spam Filter List to block all spam Comments from being sent to you. Enter as many spam-related keywords or phrases as you like. This gives you complete control over which Comments are blocked. Furthermore, you have the option of filtering any or all of the Comment Form elements for spam, including Name, E-mail, URL, and Comment / Message.
SPAM COUNTER to provide an indication of the spamming activity directed against your WordPress pages.
Captcha functionality can be placed on your WordPress Comment Form and WordPress Admin Log In area.
Customizable Anti-Spam Filter allows you to completely block spam-related Comments.
Multiple captcha positions are possible on your WordPress Comment Form.
Captcha images are clean, legible, visually appealing and interesting, thus enhancing the look of your WordPress posts.
A variety of captcha images are available for use, including:
– A classic captcha that requires the user to enter various alphabetical and numerical characters.
– A variation of the conventional captcha that requires the user to perform a simple mathematical task.
– A creative captcha that requires the user to enter the name of the artist who created the work shown in the captcha.
– A variant of the customary captcha that requires the user to enter the title of a well-known film.
– A prosaic form of the traditional captcha that requires the user to enter the name of the writer responsible for the work shown in the captcha.
– A mutation of the ubiquitous captcha that requires the user to enter an answer to a scientific question or quiz.
An alteration of the familiar captcha that requires the user to enter the name of a famous historical figure.
– An instantiation of a captcha that requires the user to enter the words represented by a common acronym.
– A harmonious captcha that requires the user to enter the musical term or instrument shown in the captcha.
– A modification of the traditional captcha that requires the user to enter the name of a capital city or geographical place.
– A unified rendering of an abstract captcha that requires the user to enter the number or numerical idea forming the basis of the word shown in the captcha.
– A winning captcha that requires the user to enter the name of the sport practiced by the individual shown in the captcha.
– The debut of a unique captcha genre that requires the user to enter the name of the film director responsible for the film shown in the captcha.
– A stylish captcha that requires the user to enter the name of the fashion term or item depicted in the captcha.
– A foreign exchange captcha that requires the user to name the country associated with the currency shown in the captcha.
– A delectable captcha that requires the user to name the country of origin of the food item shown in the captcha.
– A healthy and informative captcha that requires the user to enter the medical word or term shown in the captcha.
– A geo-friendly and sustainable captcha that requires the user to enter the ecological word or term shown in the captcha.
– A captcha for couch potatoes that requires the user to enter the name of the well-known TV program shown in the captcha.
These captcha functions not only provide your WordPress posts with enhanced security, but have been thoughtfully designed to increase the overall appeal of your content to those viewing your posts.
Tested with WordPress 3.4 ~ 4.6.1
Tested with a variety of WordPress Themes available from the WordPress Themes Repository, including:
- Annotum Base
- Black with Orange
- Business Gure
- Camp Maine
- Comic Press
- Coral Light
- Corporate Prime
- Frame Lite
- Photoline Lite
- Preferential Lite
- Sliding Door
- Sneak Lite
- Twenty Eleven
- Twenty Fifteen
- Twenty Fourteen
- Twenty Sixteen
- Twenty Ten
- Zinnias Lite
- and many more …
Configuration / Settings
To configure the AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter plugin, click the ‘Settings’ item located beneath the ‘AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter’ plugin name in your list of plugins. Alternatively, click the ‘AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter Settings’ item located below the WordPress ‘Plugins’ menu item. The ‘Plugins’ menu item is located on the left column of the WordPress Dashboard.
- Does the plugin stop SPAM?
The captcha functionality will thwart robots and lazy humans.
The unique Anti-Spam Filter (containing a customizable keyword list) will block user Comments containing any one or more spam keywords from being posted to you. In such cases, the user is asked to modify their Comment before trying again.
- Who can use the plugin?
The plugin can be used by anyone on their personal web or blog site.
If you find that this plugin helps to block SPAM and enhances the look and appeal of your WordPress site, then a donation to help support the continued development of this plugin would be greatly appreciated.
You also have the option of listing your web site in the donor Hall of Fame to help drive traffic to your valuable WordPress site.
- What is the latest version of the plugin?
AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter plugin Version 3.3
- What is the latest WordPress version compatible with the plugin?
WordPress Version 4.6.1.
- Which PHP versions are compatible with the plugin?
Most PHP versions have been found to be compatible, the latest being PHP Version 5.4.45.
If you are unfamiliar with the current version of PHP your web server is running, there is no need to panic. Most web hosting services will automatically upgrade your PHP version when new PHP versions become available. Again, the best way to determine compatibility is to install the plugin and try it.
- Which web browsers are compatible with the plugin?
The following web browsers have been tested and found to be compatible with the WordPress AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter plugin:
- How do I know if my WordPress Theme is compatible with the plugin?
The plugin has been tested with a variety of standard Themes available from the WordPress Themes Repository, some of which are listed on the ‘Description’ tabsheet of the WordPress AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter site.
Themes that have been modified in any way or that differ from the standard Theme provided by WordPress may not necessarily be compatible and are not supported. Themes provided by third-party sources are not supported.
Hence, the use of standard unmodified WordPress Themes provided by the WordPress Themes Repository is recommended. The best way to determine compatibility is to install the plugin and try it.
- I’m using an early version of WordPress. Will the plugin work with WordPress versions below 3.7?
The plugin should operate flawlessly with most earlier WordPress versions, although I recommend you upgrade to the most recent WordPress version to take advantage of the latest WordPress operational features.
- Can I just use the Anti-Spam Filter without displaying a captcha?
You have the option of just using the Anti-Spam Filter provided by the WordPress AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter plugin.
With the Anti-Spam Filter active, all user Comments containing any of the keywords or expressions you have entered into your SPAM filter will be blocked.
For maximum anti-spamming effectiveness, however, use of both the captcha and Anti-Spam Filter is recommended.
- Plugin troubleshooting
The WordPress AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter plugin has been designed to work with unmodified, standard Themes provided by WordPress.
Furthermore, concurrent use of other plugins within your WordPress site may lead to unanticipated conflicts or anomalies.
Given the many thousands of WordPress plugins available and currently in use, any potential conflicts will need to be resolved by each WordPress user.
One approach to resolve any extant issue(s) is to deactivate all of your plugins currently being employed within your WordPress site, and then to activate your plugins, one at a time, in an effort to identify potential plugin conflicts.
- How can I donate?
Once you have installed the AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter plugin, you can donate by visiting the donate link located at the top of the plugin Settings panel. To view the plugin Settings panel, click the ‘Settings’ link located beneath the ‘AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter’ item in the list of currently installed plugins, or click the ‘AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter Settings’ link located below the WordPress ‘Plugins’ menu item on the left column of your WordPress Dashboard.
Alternatively, you may wish to donate here
Entry into the Hall of Fame is also possible following a donation to showcase and help drive traffic to your WordPress web site.
Your kind support would be appreciated.
thank you [links removed]
The comment title is placed on top of the comment box. Furthermore, changing the position from bottom (B) to the other locations of the CAPTCHA do not even appear in the theme.
Tried to change the CSS of Nucleare but it didn't help. Does this plugin has its own CSS?
- Captcha category database content expanded
- More WordPress themes tested for captcha compatibility
- Hall of Fame created for donors to showcase their WordPress web sites
- Compatible with WordPress 4.6.1