WordPress 4.6 Beta 3 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.6, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
For more information on what’s new in 4.6, check out the Beta 1 and Beta 2 blog posts, along with in-depth field guides on make/core. Some of the fixes in Beta 3 include:
- Revisions: Autosaves can now be restored when revisions are disabled (#36262).
- An improved handling of PHP’s memory limit which doesn’t lower the limit anymore (#32075).
- TinyMCE has been updated to 4.4.0 (#37327).
- HTTP API: Proxy settings weren’t honored by the new HTTP library. This has been fixed (#37107).
- Improved handling of UTF-8 address headers for emails (#21659).
- Various bug fixes. We’ve made more than 65 changes during the last week.
Do you speak a language other than English? Help us translate WordPress into more than 100 languages!
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. Or, if you’re comfortable writing a bug report, file one on the WordPress Trac. There, you can also find a list of known bugs and everything we’ve fixed.
Beta 3 is here,
The more testing, the better.
Gotta catch ‘em all!