WordPress 4.5 Beta 4 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.5, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
For more information on what’s new in 4.5, check out the Beta 1, Beta 2, and Beta 3 blog posts, along with in-depth field guides on make/core. This is the final planned beta of WordPress 4.5, with a release candidate scheduled for next week.
Some of the changes in Beta 4 include:
- Add support for oEmbed moments and timelines from Twitter (#36197).
- More changes to better support HHVM with Imagick. Please test with HHVM setups and resizing/rotating images (#35973).
- Tightened up the Inline Link feature (#33301, #30468).
<hr>editor shortcut with 3 or more dashes (
---); no spaces. To give more time to study the best shortcuts for users, text patterns for bold and italic have been removed and won’t ship with for 4.5 (#33300).
- Fixes for SSL with Responsive Images. Please test with SSL, especially on sites with mixed http/https setups (#34945).
- Allow rewrite rules to work in nested WordPress installations on IIS (#35558).
- Various bug fixes. We’ve made almost 100 changes during the last week.
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you! If you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on the WordPress Trac. There, you can also find a list of known bugs.
Llegamos al fin
del tiempo pa’ beta