WordPress 4.5 Beta 3 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.5, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
- Many Theme Logo Support (#33755) fixes, including support for bundled Twenty Fifteen (#35944).
- Add Responsive Preview to theme install previewer (#36017).
- Support Imagick in HHVM (#35973).
- Whitelist IPTC, XMP, and EXIF profiles from
strip_meta()to maintain authorship, copyright, license, and image orientation (#28634).
- Support Windows shares/DFS roots in
- New installs default to generating secret keys and salts locally instead of relying on the WordPress.org API. Please test installing WP in situations where it can’t connect to the internet (like on a 🛳, ✈️, or 🛰) (#35290).
- OPTIONS requests to REST API should return Allow header (#35975).
- Upgrade twemoji.js to version 2 (#36059) and add extra IE11 compatibility (#35977) for Emoji.
- Various bug fixes. We’ve made more than 100 changes during the last week.
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you! If you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on the WordPress Trac. There, you can also find a list of known bugs.
Beta one, two, three
so many bugs have been fixed
Closer now; four, five.