- Next Wednesday, June 10th, is the target date for the release of
WordPress 2.8. Tickets against the 2.8 milestone that are not
blockers will be postponed to another release.
- WP 2.9 will require MySQL 4.1.2 or greater. This is raised from the current requirement of 4.0.
- Checks will be added to the automatic upgrader that will prevent upgrading to 2.9 if MySQL < 4.1.2 is being used. The upgrader will also issue a notice that suggests asking the host to upgrade MySQL to meet the minimum requirement.
- In order to promote migration to PHP 5, the upgrader will suggest that those running
PHP 4 switch to PHP 5. A link to a Codex page describing how to switch for various hosts should be provided.
- The new weekly IRC meetup time will be every Wednesday at 9pm UTC.