In just a few short days WordPress 2.3 will be coming out with tons of new features that (hopefully) will make you want to upgrade right away. Well while you have a bit of time over this lovely weekend, here are some things you can do to help yourself prepare for the big upgrade on Monday:
- Back up your blog. It never goes out of style, and we have a nifty Codex page with a few different methods.
- Check for the latest versions of your plugins. Here’s a list of known compatible and incompatible plugins with 2.3, Google Sitemaps seems to be one causing a lot of issues. (Forum thread.) Upgrading might get you cool new features anyway. Don’t forget about our plugin directory.
- Enjoy the last time you have to check for plugin updates manually, as 2.3 will do it magically behind the scenes.
- Read up on how to modify your theme to add tag support.
- Consider switching your install to use Subversion to make updating ultra-easy.
- Make a list of your friends who are less computer literate so you can help them upgrade. (Maybe throw an upgrade party?)
If you have any other ideas put them on your blog and pingback this post.