Just a summary of some of the things I’ve been working on today.
- The RSS 2.0 feed now supports multiple categories. Not sure how to do it for 1.0 yet, looking into it.
- The includes stuff now uses constants instead of variables. This means if you’re on the bleeding edge of the CVS you’ll have to update your wp-config.php again. Sorry! I anticipate this being the last change, ever.
- The renaming is just about complete, with outdated variable references being removed.
- Quicktags now enter whitespace with list markup to format it nicely.
- Error messages are a lot smarter, espescially when first starting out. It now tells you the problem exactly if there’s not a wp-config.php file, or if you have any problems with your database connection info. It offers a few common solutions and links to the support forums. It also doesn’t generate a thousand errors like it used to.
- The default index.php has been updated to clarify some concepts and have the current version number in the generator meta tag.
- readme.html has been updated to remove some wrong and old things. Needs a lot more work, but hopefully the wp-docs group will get this to be a really great document.
- The wp-links directory has been eliminated and the files in it have been moved to wp-images or wp-includes.
- Cleaned a final few include problems. The including system is so much cleaner now.
- The “Blog this” bookmarklet link has been moved to the posting screen and renamed “Press it”.
And I’m done for the night. More tomorrow…