So, in the spirit of the last post, I’d like to post about the two commits I’ve made so far today.
The first was to the comments posting code, decreasing the flood protection timeout to something more in line with someone actually going from entry to entry and commenting. Anything over five seconds is generally enough to discourage casual flooding, and anything much more serious should probably not be dealt with at the application level but would be beter addressed by the web server or OS.
While importing a friend’s blog from Blogger Pro to WordPress I noticed that none of the titles imported. A closer look revealed that titles are not addressed by the
blogger-2-wp.php import script, so I went ahead and added title support and updated the import script accordingly. The import went great, so people coming over from Blogger can now keep their titles. This is in the CVS now and will be included with the next release.