WordPress.org

Ideas

WYSIWYG editor not as primary tab

  1. cogmios
    Member

    12345

    If we can choose to have the WYSIWYG editor not as the primary tab when someone enter the edit post screen then it is possible to edit php, etc... without problems. For normal post just click the second tab. It could even be a checkbox in which order to display the tabs. I have about 2% posts with php/script that does not work with the WYSIWYG editor, but I can not use the WYSIWYG editor for the 98% other posts because "default" it will disrupt the other 2% posts. Just a checkmark "WYSIWYG" primary or non primary.

    Edward.de.Leau.net

    Posted: 10 years ago #
  2. tengutech
    Member

    I get a similar problem trying to insert embedded objects, like flash, into blog posts. The WYSIWYG editor breaks the tags up and make the flash appear somewhere else on the page.

    Posted: 10 years ago #
  3. Justin Shreve
    Member

    If you switch to HTML mode and save a post that way WordPress remembers your selection and will load HTML as default next time. We don't need to reorder the buttons since HTML can already be "set" as default and thats the important part.

    The WordPress admin also has an option to disable visual editor all together.

    Posted: 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

  • Rating

    12345
    4 Votes
  • Status

    Sorry, not right now