Restrict Content to registered users only. This is a simple plugin that will allow you to easily restrict complete posts / pages to logged in users on
Restrict Content to registered users only. This is a simple plugin that will allow you to easily restrict complete posts / pages to logged in users only. Levels of restriction may also be set.
For example, you can restrict content to only Administrators, Editors, Authors, and Subscribers.
Content restriction works both with shortcodes and drop-down menu of access levels for post, pages, and most custom post types.
Pro version available!
The Pro version of Restrict Content provides a significant additional feature set, including:
- Account registration
- Log in and password reset forms
- Complete member management
- Discount codes
- Payment tracking
- Integration with popular payment systems, including Stripe, PayPal, 2Checkout, and more.
- And much more. See the Features page for additional details.
Check out Restrict Content Pro.
- Upload restrict-content to wp-content/plugins
- Click "Activate" in the WordPress plugins menu
- Go to Settings > Restrict Content and customize the Message settings
- Follow instructions below to restrict content
To restrict an entire post or page, simply select the user level you’d like to restrict the post or page to from the drop down menu added just below the post/page editor.
To restrict just a section of content within a post or page, you may use shortcodes like this:
[restrict userlevel="editor"] . . . your restricted content goes here . . . [/restrict]
Accepted userlevel values are:
There is also a short code for showing content only to users that are not logged in.
[not_logged_in]This content is only shown to non-logged-in users.[/not_logged_in]
Does this plugin include frontend log in or registration forms?
No, this free plugin simply provides options to restrict content to existing user accounts. The Pro version does, however, include frontend registration and log in forms, along with much, much more. See the Features page for details.
Does this plugin support custom user roles?
Not at this time.
Go to the demo page to see examples:
- Fix: Undefined nonce index when saving some post types
- Fix: Removed restrict metabox from post types that it does not apply to
- Fix: Made restricted message shown in feeds translatable
- Fix: Some text strings not translatable
- Tweak: Added new rcp_metabox_excluded_post_types filter
- Removed incorrect contextual help tab
- Some general code cleanup and compatibility checks for WordPress 4.1+
- Improved settings page to match core WordPress UI
- Fixed problem with unescaped HTML in restricted messages options
- Added complete internationalization on default language files
- Added do_shortcode() to the not logged in short code
- Fixed a problem with the not logged in short code.
- Added new [not_logged_in] short code.
- Added settings page with options to configure each of the messages displayed to users who do not have permission to view a page.
- Improved the performance of several functions.
- Better organization of the plugin files and improved infrastructure for soon-to-come new features.