Turn comments on/off for multiple posts at once.
If you have a lot of posts with comments/pings enabled, and later decide you want to disable comments for them. Perhaps this option could be added under "Bulk Actions" when viewing the list of posts/pages.
You can disable comments for new posts but it doesn't apply to old ones, which need to be edited manually.
You can already do this.
1. Go to your All Posts page.
2. Click on the checkbox in the header.
3. Choose "Edit" under the bulk actions drop-down and then click Apply. The bulk edit area will appear.
4. In the middle of the bulk edit area will be four drop-down menus. The second one is for comments. Change it to "Do not allow".
5. Turn off pings with a similar drop-down to the right side of the bulk edit area.
6. Click the update button on the far right.
That's it. You've turned off commenting on all of your old posts.
Thanks, Matt! I didn't know that!
As a matter of fact, I always disable comments and pings for any new post as a default. I like to read people's comments, but the problem is 99% its pure spam (and I don't have the time to go through).
Thanks Matt! I looked to Turn comments off comments for old posts, but because I didn't find the option I just enables users to submit comments....Thanks!
You safed me a lot of time, great job!
I am thinking down the road this could also be added to the default Settings options. As it could become more accessible. Doing a bulk edit is not that intuitive.
The current default setting option (which there is) turns it off for all future posts. The retroactive stuff is hard, because people's opinion on do we change what's expceted now or not is very touchy.
Nice job @matt thanks you saved my head from blowing up and after a lot of head ache i got here across this plan . This really helped to get rid of comment/pings from spam farms. Thanks
RSS feed for this topic
You must log in to post.