The Basis of this idea is that NOTHING for WordPress(that i have found) has Twitter support for more than the administrator. Many of us that have multi-Author blogs or use micro blogging themes like Prologue and P2 would benefit greatly from having the Twitter functionality for more than just the blog admin.
I propose that we either integrate twitter support in the core and make it part of the user information -OR- We create a plugin that allows every user with "X"(Contributor, Author, etc) user access to input their twitter information.
Items for Inclusion:
- Admin controls (Set Needed User Access, Accept/Reject user twitter accounts, etc.)
- User Controls:
* Input Twitter Login Information
* Set-up Twitter Preferences
* Tweet -> Blog (Tweets auto blogged, or eve tweets with certain #categories), Blog -> Twitter (Blog Posts Automatically Tweeted, Links for posts longer that 125 characters.)
* Tiny-url or equivalent url shortening service integration.
* Friends and Direct Message Access (View your friends, check/send your twitter Direct Messages)
I think that this could greatly help/benefit those of us with multi-author blogs, or community micro blogging themes (Prologue, P2).