Add hierarchy (folder tree) to media library.
Because every blog needs a Media Manager, not a Media Library :)
- Managing images between posts is slow and resource wasteful with existing tools (have to browse through pages for each).
- Managing lots of images between posts is so inefficient it is unpractical to use WordPress even if there is be no other reason.
- No ftp batch upload for already structured images.
- Lots of blogs use lots of images :)
- Add folder tree to media library.
- Add "Scan Folder" button, that will import structure changes of current folder and register new media files into existing abstraction layer.
Why it should be there in WordPress:
- A good portion of WordPress users and potential users are not newbies and mentioned functionality is a lacking feature of considerable importance to most of them.
- A good portion of newbies are smart enough to see absence of this feature as lack of functionality.
- No newbie will be harmed as there should be no additional user complications.
- Existing media abstraction layer can be kept.